Dateiformat *.el8

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

frank837
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

Dateiformat *.el8

Post by frank837 »

Hallo Forum,
ich habe ein private Filmdatenbank mit 800 Titeln. Zu jedem Titel gehört ein Bild der gebrannten und bedruckten DVD.
Nun hat mein Inkjet-Drucker den Geist aufgegeben und ich habe einen neuen Canon MP3550. Die für das Bedrucken vorgesehene Software it eine Spielart von CD-Labelprint und druckt sauber. Die von der Sw jeweils erstellte Datei kann aber nur im el8-Format gespeichert werden und ich habe bisher kein Programm gefunden, das aus einer el8-Datei eine Bilddatei mit einem gängigen Format macht. Meine DVD Bilder kann ich halt in Access nur als bmp-Datei speichern.

Was mache ich denn da?
Hat bitte jemand einen heißen Tip?

Hoffnungsvoll
Frank
User avatar
DOS386
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by DOS386 »

0. upload one EL8 file
1. make a screenshot of the image displayed on screen instead of exporting EL8
2. contact the support and ask them how to export BMP or PNG or what this EL8 is supposed to be
3. provide more details in English language (name of the bugged software? paid?)
There is indeed no WinZIP under my rock.
frank837
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by frank837 »

@dos386:
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not writing in english language.

I tried to upload an el8-file, but I'm not sure it worked. I) cannot giveyou an URL as I have no website.

However, the sw (Canon Easy Photoprint EX)I used is bundled with the printer Canon Pixma MG5350 (not MP..., sorry). It is free of charge.
The Sw support does no react to my email, telephone-support states snappily "This is not our sw, you must contact the programmer" (sic!). Well they deliver it and therefore it is their problem.

My problem: I have a database containing some 800 DVD's. Each is stored with the referring data and a picture of the printed DVD as is. This picture mus be in bmp-or jpg-format. If not - no picture in the DB.

A solution could be a converter el8 to bmp or similar or another pgm, which can handle the el8 format. Up to now I have nothing found. One can always scan the printed DVD and store the result in a popular format. But this has no goot results and is a most unelegant solution of this problem.

I am looking forward answering me
Frank
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by XnTriq »

Please upload a sample to a free file-sharing host like Wikisend and then post the link in the forum.
DriverAgent (Easy-PhotoPrint EX » [url=http://www.driveragent.com/c/archive/f21eb566/image/467-11-1/MG5300-series-Master-Setup-%28Windows-7/7-x64/Vista/Vista64/XP%29%5BSpanish-Version%5D]What Is Easy-PhotoPrint EX?[/url]) wrote:
File Formats (Extensions) Supported by Easy-PhotoPrint EX
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Photo Print file (.el6)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Album file (.el1)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Stickers file (.el2)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Calendar file (.el4)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Layout file (.el5)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX PREMIUM Contents file (.el7)
  • Easy-PhotoPrint EX Disc Label/Cover file (.el8)
  • CD-LabelPrint Converted Data (.cldcvt)
User avatar
DOS386
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by DOS386 »

To me it's still unclear who created the database or those EL8 files and how.

> However, the sw (Canon Easy Photoprint EX)I used is bundled with the
> printer Canon Pixma MG5350 (not MP..., sorry). It is free of charge

http://canon-easy-photoprint-ex.soft32.com/

Well, only for "lucky" owners of some Canon printers ... and it's almost 100 MiB :bug:
There is indeed no WinZIP under my rock.
frank837
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by frank837 »

@dos386:
The database is developed by me. MS Access. MS access accepts pictures in several formats. but not the el8-format. I make the pictures with canon easy-photoprint (a utility, delivered with the printer free of charge. A good program but it can only print the results or store them in el8 format.
Frank
frank837
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by frank837 »

@xntriq,
Tks for advise. These are facts I know.
My original questions was:

What can I do?

I need a converter or a pgm, which can handle el8-fileextensions

Still hoping
Frank
User avatar
DOS386
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by DOS386 »

frank837 wrote:make the pictures with canon easy-photoprint (a utility, delivered with the printer free of charge. A good program but it can only print the results or store them in el8
How do they come into "easy-photoprint" ? You "make" them from what ? Can it display them on screen (instead of printing) ? Please upload one (see above).

Post by XnTriq »

frank837 wrote:@xntriq,
Tks for advise. These are facts I know.
My original questions was:

What can I do?
The information in my previous post may be of relevance to the developer of XnView should he decide to look for a way to “decipher” the .el8 format.
XnTriq wrote:Please upload a sample to a free file-sharing host like Wikisend and then post the link in the forum.
Can you provide us with sample files?

The templates (.ezj) which come with Easy-PhotoPrint EX v4.1.6 (eppx-win-4_1_6-en.exe = WinZip SFX) are JPEG/JFIF files with a manipulated header. I wouldn't be surprised, if the same were to be true for the .el8 format.
User avatar
DOS386
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Shitty Dateiformat *.el8

Post by DOS386 »

> relevant to the developer of XnView when he looks for a way to “decipher” the .el8

> are JPEG/JFIF files with a manipulated header

Fixed the header and the EZJ displays in XN :-)
There is indeed no WinZIP under my rock.
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by XnTriq »

User avatar
DOS386
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

SOLVED !!!

Post by DOS386 »

http://users.freebasic-portal.de/dos386/j.zip (16 KiB)

This program can convert EZJ into valid JPG. Don't know whether it worx for EL8 too as frank837 still hasn't uploaded any EL8 file yet. Please post relevant information when asking for help (your 800 DVD's are not very).

Usage: supply input EZJ file name on the commandline
There is indeed no WinZIP under my rock.
frank837
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by frank837 »

I read:
frank837 still hasn't uploaded any EL8 file
Well, yes, I tried with wikisend. Apparently I make some errors, as I cannot retrieve the file. I do not get the necessary Link, which is necessary. I follow
http://technicalforum.org/windows/how-e ... g-wikisend
I can upload my file and then there is nothing, no answer.
The how-to of technicalforum.org is quite clear but for me it does not work.
Sorry
Frank
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by XnTriq »

Frank, could you try to compress (7zip, RAR, ZIP) the EL8 file and attach the archive (256K max) to your post?
User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Re: Dateiformat *.el8

Post by XnTriq »

Okay, found one: TONY FREITAS capa cd.el8 ≠ JPEG :-|
Post Reply