REQ: other handling of properties for multiselection

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Anika

REQ: other handling of properties for multiselection

Post by Anika »

Here my problem: I select several images and press CTRL+E (I prefer this combination because I can make it with the left hand while the right keeps the mouse). I get the properties of the first image. After clicking on cancel I get the second image and so on. If I have taken this key combination accidentally (instead of CTRL+I) and/or want to stop the properties I have to click very often cancel or I keep Esc pressed. But then XnView gets closed if I don't release the key early enough.
Isn't it possible to get all property windows closed by clicking on cancel with held key CTRL (or alt or shift)?
Best regards,
Anika
XnView 2.04, 2.13 Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64bit
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

I have problem with close "one Properties dialog box" - there is no OK button, therefore I can't use "Enter" to close it.

For more dialog boxes Enter would be better than Escape too, because when you hold Ecsape you can close also whole xnview program.

So I suggest - add OK button to Properties dialog box and focus to this OK button if Ctrl+E or Alt+Enter is used.

You could just hold Enter to close all Properties windows.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:I have problem with close "one Properties dialog box" - there is no OK button, therefore I can't use "Enter" to close it.

For more dialog boxes Enter would be better than Escape too, because when you hold Ecsape you can close also whole xnview program.

So I suggest - add OK button to Properties dialog box and focus to this OK button if Ctrl+E or Alt+Enter is used.

You could just hold Enter to close all Properties windows.
So you want that i add a OK button, and this button allow to close all properties dialogs??
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:So you want that i add a OK button, and this button allow to close all properties dialogs??
No, I want the same "OK" button behaviour as the standard Windows Properties dialog box...

I want this:

- press Alt+Enter
- properties dialog box is opened
- focus to OK button (must be added first)
- press Enter
- properties dialog box is closed

The main advantage is that I could press Alt+Enter and then quickly Enter to close.

Another advantage (also Anika's problem I guess), I could close several Properties dialog boxes with holding Enter key - this is not possible with Escape key because also xnview will be closed.

You can check how it works, select few folders in xnview, press alt+enter and press and hold enter key.

Maybe you could add also standard windows shortcuts Ctrl+PgDown/PgUp to change 'page' (current - left/right).
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Dreamer wrote:...I want the same "OK" button behaviour as the standard Windows Properties dialog box...
Added, thanks Pierre.

Anika, is this enough for you? If not, it will be postponed probably, but I think this is very good solution.
Dreamer wrote:Maybe you could add also standard windows shortcuts Ctrl+PgDown/PgUp to change 'page' (current - left/right).
Not changed in RC6, but not really important...
Anika

Post by Anika »

Dreamer wrote:Anika, is this enough for you? If not, it will be postponed probably, but I think this is very good solution.
It is better. Now opens at the end of holding the enter key one or more of the selected images depending on how long I hold the key.

One click behaviour would be better for me with shift+left mouse click on ok or exit like in windows. But I can wait until Pierre found a solution.

Anika
XnView 2.04, 2.13 Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64bit