google satellite map

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

rmtk

google satellite map

Post by rmtk »

It seems that the google satellite map stop working in XnviewMP these days.
I can see the street map but when turn to satellite map I can only see "sorry, we have no imagery here".
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: google satellite map

Post by xnview »

you means the tab for GPS?
Pierre.
rmtk

Post by rmtk »

Yes, and only on Linux.
I just opened the Windows version in Virtual Machine and I could see the satellite map. I dont know why.
My OS is Linuxmint 17 64bit.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

on Ubuntu, i don't have the problem...
Pierre.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

rmtk wrote:Yes, and only on Linux.
I just opened the Windows version in Virtual Machine and I could see the satellite map. I dont know why.
My OS is Linuxmint 17 64bit.
Of course, I don't know how it is implemented, but very probably the program has just a stub and a drawing surface which communicates with the Google Map's backend/API.

Are you sure that the communication isn't blocked by any firewall, security rules etc.?

Other program(s) access the service successfully? (eg. try Mint's Firefox - it opens the Maps?)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
rmtk

Post by rmtk »

m.Th. wrote:Of course, I don't know how it is implemented, but very probably the program has just a stub and a drawing surface which communicates with the Google Map's backend/API.

Are you sure that the communication isn't blocked by any firewall, security rules etc.?

Other program(s) access the service successfully? (eg. try Mint's Firefox - it opens the Maps?)
Yes. I can see the satellite maps on maps.google.com using firefox flawlessly, the same as the street map on XnView. I don't enable any firewall.
I tried to delete all settings but it didn't help. It's really strange... :|
Screenshot-1.png
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

I'm not a Linux user, but perhaps the following information is useful for troubleshooting:
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=116819#p116819]How can I block all internet requests from XnView?[/url]) wrote:
  • index.html seems to be the Google Maps “template” for the GPS tab in MP's Info pane.
  • Tools » Open GPS location in GeoHack... points your default browser to geohack.php.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

rmtk wrote:It seems that the google satellite map stop working in XnviewMP these days.
I can see the street map but when turn to satellite map I can only see "sorry, we have no imagery here".
Hello, FI:... I can confirm, same problem here under Ubuntu 10.4 LTS 64bits (satellite map - tab GPS).
error message under the map (in french): "Désolé. aucune image n'est disponible pour cette ZONE" quelque soit la zone concernée (for all zones : "Sorry. we have no imagery here".)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
rmtk

Post by rmtk »

XnTriq wrote:I'm not a Linux user, but perhaps the following information is useful for troubleshooting:
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=116819#p116819]How can I block all internet requests from XnView?[/url]) wrote:
  • index.html seems to be the Google Maps “template” for the GPS tab in MP's Info pane.
  • Tools » Open GPS location in GeoHack... points your default browser to geohack.php.
I can open http://www.xnview.com/MP/index.html in firefox and see both steet map and satellite...
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Please try to capture an HTML page (Create » Web capture...) that includes images in GIF, JPEG as well as PNG format.
rmtk

Post by rmtk »

XnTriq wrote:Please try to capture an HTML page (Create » Web capture...) that includes images in GIF, JPEG as well as PNG format.
XnviewMP can capture GIF and PNG images, but neither JPG nor google maps layer.

This is a screenshot of a Panoramio page:
3.jpg
and this is what captured by XnviewMP:
2.jpg
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

rmtk wrote:XnviewMP can capture GIF and PNG images, but neither JPG nor google maps layer.
Thank you, rmtk. I think we've found the cause for the problem. Let's wait for Pierre's response.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

XnTriq wrote:
rmtk wrote:XnviewMP can capture GIF and PNG images, but neither JPG nor google maps layer.
Thank you, rmtk. I think we've found the cause for the problem. Let's wait for Pierre's response.
... A black listed problem from google map if the area is too large (too many requests of data in some cases) ???
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Hi oops66 (-:
oops66 wrote:... A black listed problem from google map if the area is too large (too many requests of data in some cases) ???
No, I believe it's a problem with dependencies.
XnViewMP relies on the WebKit module of the Qt framework for rendering HTML pages, and WebKit seems to depend on the IJG library for displaying JPEG images.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Hi Xntriq ...
Thank you Xntriq for the explanation ... I prefer ;-)

It's ok now here with:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62
Last edited by oops66 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.