MP 0.72: Wrong numbers when changing DPI via resize dialog

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Sethur

MP 0.72: Wrong numbers when changing DPI via resize dialog

Post by Sethur »

Hi,

changing the DPI of an PNG image in XnView MP 0.72 via the Image->Resize... produces wrong numbers in the image dimensions when Resample is unchecked and the user enters a resolution he wants to rescale the image to. Also, the status bar at the bottom did not display the correct dimensions for the image in question.

The problematic image is a PNG 2362*4818*24 image with 600 DPI. However, the status bar displays a print size of 83.32x169.96 cm (which is obviously wrong) and the resize dialog claims that the image would be 4.5 x 6.3 cm although the resolution is allegedly 600.00 pixels/inch.

Is this fixed in the new beta?

UPDATE: It turned out the PNG that was created had no "DPI" assigned in its meta data and XnView just displayed 600 DPI in the Resize... dialogue because that was the last setting used on an image that had "DPI" in its meta data.

However, when I changed the intended image size in centimeters on an image that definitely had the "DPI"-info, I got strange effects when setting the image width to 4.5 cm at 600dpi. After reopening the image, it turned out that XnViewMP had calculated a slightly wrong number of pixels in x-direction, which made the actual image size 4.45 cm.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: MP 0.72: Wrong numbers when changing DPI via resize dial

Post by xnview »

Sethur wrote: However, when I changed the intended image size in centimeters on an image that definitely had the "DPI"-info, I got strange effects when setting the image width to 4.5 cm at 600dpi. After reopening the image, it turned out that XnViewMP had calculated a slightly wrong number of pixels in x-direction, which made the actual image size 4.45 cm.
do you have a file to test this behavior?
Pierre.