Problems searching for images --IPTC data

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cseptima

Problems searching for images --IPTC data

Post by cseptima »

Hi,
I'm using XnView to manage a considerable amount of archival material and I want to be able to search for images using my IPTC data. I have no problems searching with keywords when I place my search in a specific subfolder, but if I want to find those same images in the larger folders (the ones that contain the subfolders with the images with the keywords), then the search engine doesn't find anything --why is that?
Thank you.
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Problems searching for images --IPTC data

Post by oops66 »

cseptima wrote:Hi,
I'm using XnView to manage a considerable amount of archival material and I want to be able to search for images using my IPTC data. I have no problems searching with keywords when I place my search in a specific subfolder, but if I want to find those same images in the larger folders (the ones that contain the subfolders with the images with the keywords), then the search engine doesn't find anything --why is that?
Thank you.
... Maybe you can also try XnViewMP (better adapted for that - ex: support native unicode)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
cseptima

Post by cseptima »

Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem.. :/
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

... And you have into "search" for "IPTC keywords": "use catalog" and " "Recurse through subfolders" and "Match any of the followings conditions" ticked ?
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
cseptima

Post by cseptima »

"Recurse through subfolders".... I hadn't seen that one! THANKS!!!!!!