Import Files Not working at all

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Chris_White

Import Files Not working at all

Post by Chris_White »

Hello All,

I am sure it is something obvious that I am not doing right but I can not import files from a memory card using Tools / Import and Sort.

I select my memory card (I:\) and checked "include subfolders" (but I have also tried directly selecting the folder (eg DCIM) where the images are on the memory card and it makes no difference)

I set the Destination to my D:\Picture\ Folder and set the Subfolder format to yyyy_MM_dd

When I click okay it opens a box that says 24% of 100MB (Copying....)
BUT the source box is not populated, the destination box is not populated, it never progresses any further, AND there is more than 100MB on the card (over 1GB of files).
and it says 2/5 files and there is 127 files on the disk.

It does create subfolders in the D:\ picture directory but that is all?

Any thoughts?

Version XNView_MP 0.79 x64 Running on Windows 10 64Bit.
24GB free space on destination drive.

Thanks In Advance'
Chris
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Import Files Not working at all

Post by xnview »

what do you have in source folder? jpeg?
Pierre.
Chris_White

Post by Chris_White »

Hi Pierre,

Yes all Jpegs.

I imported them last time using windows (which I don't like as it gives them a different folder name to what I use - being YYYY_MM_DD)

I tried again today with exactly the same result - 164 photos on the card EXACTLY the same result?

Any thoughts? thanks

Chris

(Apologies for delay getting back.)
Chris_White

Post by Chris_White »

Hmm just as a test I tried copying the image folder and files from the card to the desktop as 100CANON folder.

Tried to "import" the files from the folder on the desktop to D:\PICTURES using Tools > Import and Sort.... with the same result again.

I think this is a bug - or at least something wrong?

Thanks - let me know your thoughts.

Chris
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you post a screenshot of dialog? And the structure of file list?
Pierre.
Chris_White

Post by Chris_White »

Hi Pierre,

I have attached screen shots - I hope this is okay.
File Listing
File Listing
dialogue
dialogue
import dialogue
import dialogue
Thanks

Chris
Mixer
Banned

Post by Mixer »

Are you importing whole folder I:\DCIM\100CANON and this is how progress window looks?
Only 2/5 files when amount of files in folder is over 20 (74 items in folder, not sure if all are pictures)? 10 MB of 100 MB is 24% instead of 10%? Empty Source and Destination fields?
Chris_White

Post by Chris_White »

Hi Pierre,

Yes that is correct.
Are you importing whole folder I:\DCIM\100CANON and this is how progress window looks?
Yes
Only 2/5 files when amount of files in folder is over 20 (74 items in folder, not sure if all are pictures)?
Yes and Yes all pictures.
10 MB of 100 MB is 24% instead of 10%? Empty Source and Destination fields?
Yes and Yes.

When I select the 100Canon folder, which in the case screenshotted had 74 JPEG images, and around 500 meg of data that is the dialogue that I get. And it is exactly the same each time I have done the import. Source boxes don't populate and destination doesn't populate. I have tried it just selecting the card (I:\) and checking include subfolders and it doesn't change the result.

The progress dialogue (24% OF 100 MB (Copying...))) doesn't seem to change no matter how long I leave it (about 15 minutes once cos I got distracted.)

Thanks

Chris
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 831 for current status and details.
Pierre.
Chris_White

Post by Chris_White »

Ahh thank you very much Pierre - haven't downloaded the software yet - BUT thank you.
rsty

Post by rsty »

For what it is worth, exactly the same issue is present for me on a Mac OSX 10.11.4 (15E65)

Even the same '24% of 100MB' dialogue and no action beyond setting up the empty monthly folders (02, 03 etc)

I see that this might be addressed in 0.80 in the bug tracker, but wanted to inform you that the same bug is present on OSX, if that makes a difference.

PS as far as I can see, V 0.80 is not yet available??
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

rsty wrote:For what it is worth, exactly the same issue is present for me on a Mac OSX 10.11.4 (15E65)

Even the same '24% of 100MB' dialogue and no action beyond setting up the empty monthly folders (02, 03 etc)

I see that this might be addressed in 0.80 in the bug tracker, but wanted to inform you that the same bug is present on OSX, if that makes a difference.

PS as far as I can see, V 0.80 is not yet available??
Post yesterday on ghacks Microsoft to patch Windows 10 photo importing, don't know if it could have any possible relevance to this thread??

@rsty: v0.80 will be the next release...