0.83: Format colors isn't working for custom file extensions

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

cadu

0.83: Format colors isn't working for custom file extensions

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'd appreciate help:

As showed in this screencast (https://goo.gl/eksp3P), the format colors (settings>file list) isn't working. In that case I added .svg format and the color I set (pink) isn't being present in XnView. Despite of the setting tweak, the .svg is presented in grey.

Is there any workaround to apply the format colors effectively?

Thanks,
Carlos
Erixx haxx

Re: 0.83: Format colors isn't working

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hello:

This is working for me, although:

Using .svg as the test file, It is in fact using whatever color I set to Jpeg.

I'm no pro with .svg files, so I can not an answer why, Also If XnviewMP uses .extension or format to determine this outcome.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 983 for details.
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.84 beta 1. Could you please try and confirm the bug fix, cadu?
cadu

Post by cadu »

Hi,
I just tried 0.84 beta 2 and the format colors is still not working as showed in this snapshot: http://i.imgur.com/O3iKzLq.png
Should I try any setting tweak?
Thanks,
Carlos
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

cadu wrote:Hi,
I just tried 0.84 beta 2 and the format colors is still not working as showed in this snapshot: http://i.imgur.com/O3iKzLq.png
right will be fixed in filename only mode too
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

From what I can see this is fixed in beta 4: Format colours are displayed in all "View as" types except "Thumbnails" type.

Carlos, do you confirm?
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hi

I think the problem was when adding a custom file extension to the list then try adding a color. eg: .svg see my post above.

I haven't gotten a chance my self to test since the beta. If your trying to reproduce, you might try that.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Erixx haxx wrote:.. I think the problem was when adding a custom file extension to the list then try adding a color. eg: .svg see my post above....
I've added a new entry for SVG files. SVG files still have the colour of JPG files.

Either I don't understand how to add a new entry or there is a bug. What is the textfield on the right side for? (When selecting existing entries, this text field remains empty).

@Pierre: Could you please check and explain?
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hello:
helmut wrote:I've added a new entry for SVG files. SVG files still have the colour of JPG files.
I tried and I get the same for .svg
Tested on v0.84.
(When selecting existing entries, this text field remains empty).
Did you make sure and tick (Use color) at the top to enable this feature.

I think the left text box is used for manual insertion rather than using the right hand pulldown list.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
Erixx haxx wrote:.. I think the problem was when adding a custom file extension to the list then try adding a color. eg: .svg see my post above....
I've added a new entry for SVG files. SVG files still have the colour of JPG files.

Either I don't understand how to add a new entry or there is a bug. What is the textfield on the right side for? (When selecting existing entries, this text field remains empty).

@Pierre: Could you please check and explain?
i've added svg in the text field, change the color, and the color is applied for svg files
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:... i've added svg in the text field, change the color, and the color is applied for svg files
Still doesn't work for me. Could you please describe in detail how you add svg? Do you enter "svg" or "[svg]" in the text field? What do you choose in the dropdownlist? And when do you press "Add"?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:... i've added svg in the text field, change the color, and the color is applied for svg files
Still doesn't work for me. Could you please describe in detail how you add svg? Do you enter "svg" or "[svg]" in the text field? What do you choose in the dropdownlist? And when do you press "Add"?
i add svg, choose color and press Add
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:
i add svg, choose color and press Add
This is what you have written before. We have five users here and all have a problem with this. Could you please explain in full detail how you add svg? After adding svg to the colour list, do the SVG files really have the colouring that you have set?