Undefined Symbol in Solaris

Discussions on GFL SDK, the graphic library for reading and writing graphic files

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

tailormade

Undefined Symbol in Solaris

Post by tailormade »

I am trying to switch to the Solairs sparc 2.40 library. I am using GCC 3.4. When compiling both my program and the examples I get an undefined symbol "__floorf" in libgfl.so.

Doing a Google search I can figure out what floorf is used for, but I can't find where it is supposed to come from.

Any ideas where it should be found and linked in?

I can link just fine under Linux and under Solaris using the old 2.20 library, but I want to maintain the same code on all three platforms and the C++ wrapper changes makes that difficult if I don't use the same version on each platform.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Undefined Symbol in Solaris

Post by xnview »

tailormade wrote:I am trying to switch to the Solairs sparc 2.40 library. I am using GCC 3.4. When compiling both my program and the examples I get an undefined symbol "__floorf" in libgfl.so.

Doing a Google search I can figure out what floorf is used for, but I can't find where it is supposed to come from.

Any ideas where it should be found and linked in?

I can link just fine under Linux and under Solaris using the old 2.20 library, but I want to maintain the same code on all three platforms and the C++ wrapper changes makes that difficult if I don't use the same version on each platform.
Which version of solaris do you have? I use cc not gcc, perhaps the problem??
Pierre.
tailormade

Post by tailormade »

xnview wrote:
Are you sure you use the Sun Compiler (cc)? I am almost positive you are wrong. I tried using cc for my program, but GFL would not link with it so I had to switch to GCC 3.4.

I can link with V2.20 and my program compiled using gcc 3.40, so I don't think 2.20 could have been compiled using cc.

I am using gcc 3.4 under Solaris 8. GFL 2.20 will link with it, but GFL 2.40 gives the one undefined reference to __floorf from inside libgfl.so.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

tailormade wrote:
xnview wrote:
Are you sure you use the Sun Compiler (cc)? I am almost positive you are wrong. I tried using cc for my program, but GFL would not link with it so I had to switch to GCC 3.4.

I can link with V2.20 and my program compiled using gcc 3.40, so I don't think 2.20 could have been compiled using cc.

I am using gcc 3.4 under Solaris 8. GFL 2.20 will link with it, but GFL 2.40 gives the one undefined reference to __floorf from inside libgfl.so.
Strange i have used cc not gcc,could you send me a PM, i'll try to send you another version...
Pierre.