Error MSVCR120.dll is missing on starting XnView

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Error MSVCR120.dll is missing on starting XnView

Post by xnview »

XnView-User wrote: Xnview Full-Version 2.40 doesn’t have this error! Version 2.40 starts without this error on my system and that’s the reason why I rolled back to it. And furthermore: All other previous XnView versions from the last years (I’am talking about many years that I use XnView) didn’t have this error as well!
But i don't understand, the webp.dll is the same in 2.40 & 2.43
Pierre.
XnView-User

Post by XnView-User »

Today I tried the newest current version Xnview Full-Version 2.43.

The result:

As with Xnview Full-Version 2.42 before I get the same error message on every start also with Xnview Full-Version 2.43.

As I said; I find this very annoying. Therefore I rolled back again to Xnview Full-Version 2.40 and will stick to it as long as this error persists in newer versions than 2.40.

I can only repeat: With me on my system Xnview Full-Version 2.40 doesn’t have this error and starts without this error message. That’s all what I can say as a normal user.
Using: XnView Classic on a Windows 7 64-bit system and XnView MP on a macOS and Windows 10 system.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

XnView-User wrote:Today I tried the newest current version Xnview Full-Version 2.43.

The result:

As with Xnview Full-Version 2.42 before I get the same error message on every start also with Xnview Full-Version 2.43.

As I said; I find this very annoying. Therefore I rolled back again to Xnview Full-Version 2.40 and will stick to it as long as this error persists in newer versions than 2.40.

I can only repeat: With me on my system Xnview Full-Version 2.40 doesn’t have this error and starts without this error message. That’s all what I can say as a normal user.
ok, i'll fix it
Pierre.
XnView-User

Post by XnView-User »

xnview wrote: ok, i'll fix it
This sounds very good Pierre. I'm looking forward to it.
Using: XnView Classic on a Windows 7 64-bit system and XnView MP on a macOS and Windows 10 system.
grimlock

Post by grimlock »

Hi all,

As of mid-Dec. the problem still existed. I tried to reproduce the error message today, 1.1.2018, (uninstall xnview 2.43 & reinstall) but the error didn't show up again. So it either has been fixed in the last two weeks (which would be weird because I used the same installation file... ;), or I simply solved the problem by reinstalling the vcredist_x86.exe.

Source: https:www.buhl.de/faqs.html?article=1583 (Buhl-Data-Service GmbH / DE). It's in German but it says roughly, it's a missing or broken component MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) [vcredist_x86.exe]

So, all you need to do is: (EVEN on 64bit systems!)
1) uninstall the old MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)
2) download the current version http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st_x86.exe
3) install the new, and everything works! :)

Hope this helps, best wishes,
grim

BTW: Merci, Pierre, pour ce extraordinaire programme! :) :!: Je ne comprend pas qu'on pouvait organiser ses photos avant xnview! :D :D [and that's unfortunately all I could squeeze out of my school-french ;)]
XnView-User

Post by XnView-User »

xnview wrote:
XnView-User wrote:Today I tried the newest current version Xnview Full-Version 2.43.

The result:

ok, i'll fix it

Hi Pierre. I see that you just released Version 2.44. Is this issue now fixed in this new Version?