google satellite map

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

rmtk

Re: google satellite map

Post by rmtk »

OK, installing libjpeg62 solve the problem.

It would be good if the next version of XnviewMP migrate to libjpeg8, which is the default jpeg library for most current linux distributions, or at least add libjpeg62 to dependency.
jonod

Post by jonod »

Agreed that if this could be made to work it would be nice.
I have same issue on Windows 10 machine and have been trying to install libjpeg62 but without success (or at least didn't fix problem).
I now seem to have a file 'jpg62.dll' in a Gnuwin/bin folder... Is that what is needed? Seems not...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jonod wrote:Agreed that if this could be made to work it would be nice.
I have same issue on Windows 10 machine and have been trying to install libjpeg62 but without success (or at least didn't fix problem).
I now seem to have a file 'jpg62.dll' in a Gnuwin/bin folder... Is that what is needed? Seems not...
no google map?
Pierre.
jonod

Post by jonod »

No satellite imagery view. Maybe I'm doing something wrong / didn't install the libjpg62.dll correctly. Is it possible to test to know if it installed properly and is available?

[ Also I will mention that no video files are listed in the file list (although these are selected in Settings > Browser > File list > Custom Filters). I mention this now in case issues are related? ]
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jonod wrote:No satellite imagery view. Maybe I'm doing something wrong / didn't install the libjpg62.dll correctly. Is it possible to test to know if it installed properly and is available?

[ Also I will mention that no video files are listed in the file list (although these are selected in Settings > Browser > File list > Custom Filters). I mention this now in case issues are related? ]
on Windows, there is no libjpeg to install, which windows?
Pierre.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

jonod wrote:No satellite imagery view. Maybe I'm doing something wrong / didn't install the libjpg62.dll correctly. Is it possible to test to know if it installed properly and is available?

It seems that XnView cannot read the data from "outside".

Are you behind a Proxy/Firewall/Internet security suite/Antivirus?
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
jonod

Post by jonod »

Don't think this is the issue because the standard Google map loads fine, just a problem with satellite imagery, and seems highly likely it is a libjpg62 hurdle that I am falling at.
I tried with antivirus disabled and same result.
[ Nb. Also nothing related to the problem I had with videos not showing, that was just me not realising a filter was on, being a bit slow... ]
Karaba

Post by Karaba »

Hi,
I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 bits. I have just installed the 0.9 version.
I have the following message instead of the satellite view : "Désolé, aucune image n'est disponible pour cette zone" whatever the zoom level. Roads are visible.
Karaba

Post by Karaba »

Oups, I forgot that I had the same problem with Xnview and solved it by copyping the zip archive instead of using the install pack.
See here : viewtopic.php?p=131940#p131940

So, using the zip archive also works with XnViewMP