Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Klonk

Curves Function in toolbar

Post by Klonk »

Hi,

First of all: many thanks for integration of curves tool. This is really great,

For this function I have some minor suggestions/requests
  • The curves function is only available through the menu. In the toolbar there is the symbol for changing the image. But there the new Curves tool is missing. Please integrate it. Thanks
  • For the curves tool it would be great if the size of the curves dialog on first call would be quadratic. Imho the curve display should always be quadratic (I hope you know what I mean)
  • It would be nice if the histogram could be (optionally) shown in the background of the curve and changes as the curve is modified to show the current situation.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Curves Function in toolbar

Post by xnview »

Klonk wrote:
  • The curves function is only available through the menu. In the toolbar there is the symbol for changing the image. But there the new Curves tool is missing. Please integrate it. Thanks
you can add it
[*]For the curves tool it would be great if the size of the curves dialog on first call would be quadratic. Imho the curve display should always be quadratic (I hope you know what I mean)
yes
Pierre.
Klonk

Post by Klonk »

I meant the curves function is missing in the adjust menu within the toolbar.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Klonk wrote:I meant the curves function is missing in the adjust menu within the toolbar.
you can add it settings>Interface>Toolbar
Pierre.
Klonk

Post by Klonk »

Ok, I can add it to the toolbar, I understand that.

But how to addit to this menu (where it belongs into IMHO)?
Image 1.gif
Image 1.gif (10.04 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
(german language version)

Thanks for your help
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Klonk wrote:I meant the curves function is missing in the adjust menu...
It was there in the English language 0.89 beta 1 :

Clipboard05.png
Klonk

Post by Klonk »

Yes I found it in this menu already.
I just think it should appear in the previously mentioned (toolbar item) menu also.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Klonk wrote:Yes I found it in this menu already.
I just think it should appear in the previously mentioned (toolbar item) menu also.
You mean an icon on the Toolbar??
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

Klonk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:23 amIt would be nice if the histogram could be (optionally) shown in the background of the curve and changes as the curve is modified to show the current situation.
+1 because only with that information I can see whether the existing brightness levels will be stretched to fully utilize all 255 brightness levels or I leave out some levels (e.g. result only goes from 15 to 250).

Moreover, I would like to somehow relate a part of the image to a point in the curve, e.g. by having a color picking tool button, clicking that to toggle on, then moving the mouse over pixels in the image and seeing the current coordinates highlighted in the curve via one horizontal and one vertical grey line (like when clicking in the curve to set a point). It may be possible to may re-use existing tool menu bar > image > show colour information, just linked to the curve diagram.

Finally, coordinates shall be displayed when setting a control point, allowing to do not only a rough guess or tedious try & error but a well controlled change (e.g. change exactly brightness level 18 to 8 ).
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP