0.88: Excluding folders in Catalog settings doesn't work

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

miki

0.88: Excluding folders in Catalog settings doesn't work

Post by miki »

XnView: MP 0.88 - 64 bit

Excluding folders in Catalog settings doesn't work. Files from these folders are still being displayed in the Categories Filter and their subfolders are still included in the Catalog - Cached Directory.

Effect: User is confused when trying to exclude folders from Catalog, but files within these folders are still being catalogized.

To reproduce:
1. Add folder(s) to be excluded in Settings-Catalog-Excluded/Included
2. You can still see files from these folders in the Categories Filter.
3. When you copy files to these Excluded folders, they are still being catalogized (added to Categories Filter).

Actual behaviour (bug): Excluding folders from Catalog doesn't make any effect for user.

Expected behaviour: When you exclude folder from Catalog, all files within these folder/subfolders should stop being catalogized. They shouldn't be included in the Categories Filter. When you copy files inside these excluded folders, they shouldn't be added to the Catalog (Categories Filter).
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.88: Excluding folders in Catalog settings doesn't work

Post by xnview »

i can't reproduce, if i add a folder as exclude folder, it will not be in the catalog.
Pierre.
miki

Post by miki »

xnview wrote:i can't reproduce, if i add a folder as exclude folder, it will not be in the catalog.
I have tried again and can still observe that. I took a screenshot. Files inside the excluded folders are still being catalogized. Even when I copy files into the excluded folders they are added to Catalog, which causes duplicate entries of the same file from folders supposed to be excluded from Catalog.
Catalog Excluded Folder-0.png
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Do you start with a clean database or files was already in the catalog before to add exclude folder?
Pierre.
miki

Post by miki »

xnview wrote:Do you start with a clean database or files was already in the catalog before to add exclude folder?
In the screenshot...
1. I added excluded folder in settings.
2. I selected files (already categorized in an non-excluded folder) and copied them into the excluded folder. And they were added again into Catalog despite being copied into the excluded folder path.

Only thing I can notice about Excluded folders is that I can't assign categories to the clean files, which weren't added to catalog yet (categories panel is not-clickable).

I believe user would expect that any files contained in the excluded folder paths won't be displayed in the Categories Filter despite excluded folders specified now or later. I hope it makes sense.
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
smksvt

Post by smksvt »

miki wrote:
xnview wrote:Do you start with a clean database or files was already in the catalog before to add exclude folder?
I'm trying to exclude folders as well. Any update?

What does "clean database" mean? How can you start with a clean data base?
farid

Re: 0.90 x64: Excluding folders in Catalog settings doesn't work

Post by farid »

The 'Setting\Browser\Catalog\Excluded/included' not works. It's very inconvinient. After coping file to another (excluded) catalog and deleting it there the vast icon stay in catalog's window.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.