CMS does not work

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

AlexSikorsky

CMS does not work

Post by AlexSikorsky »

OS Windows 8.1 / xnviewmp v.090
(1) The CMS does not work in the "view mode" window, "full screen mode". Probably can not associate correctly the built-in profile from that simply does not display it in the monitor profile, the visible "show" is like when the CMS is disabled.
(2) The CMS does not convert from one color model to another in the "batch processing" mode (*does not display the profile name in the file). It looks like the conversion itself is happening, but the name of the new profile is not written in the file tag.
(3) The built-in ICC Profile (*how to check?) Is not saved to a file (JPEG, TIFF, PNG).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The program lacks a menu - (1) assign a profile to a graphic file and (2) convert to a new profile from the current one.
Attachments
00001.PNG
00002.PNG
00003.PNG
00004.PNG
AlexSikorsky

Re: CMS does not work

Post by AlexSikorsky »

AlexSikorsky wrote:OS Windows 8.1 / xnviewmp v.090
(1) The CMS does not work in the "view mode" window, "full screen mode". Probably can not associate correctly the built-in profile from that simply does not display it in the monitor profile, the visible "show" is like when the CMS is disabled.
(2) The CMS does not convert from one color model to another in the "batch processing" mode (*does not display the profile name in the file). It looks like the conversion itself is happening, but the name of the new profile is not written in the file tag.
(3) The built-in ICC Profile (*how to check?) Is not saved to a file (JPEG, TIFF, PNG).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The program lacks a menu - (1) assign a profile to a graphic file and (2) convert to a new profile from the current one.
I checked it as follows: I assigned RGB for CMS settings - ProPhoto with gamma 1. If there is "no profile", the file will be assigned this profile and the picture will be light and oversaturated in color. Everything is working! And this means that there was a conflict, when in the file one sRGB was built in, and it was selected in CMS - somewhat different, but also sRGB.

If the profile is embedded in the block (Information / Properties / color profile), there is information "color profile", and if there is no such information in the file, this section will not be present in the file information block.
The error found (apparently irregular) has not yet been identified.
Attachments
00005.PNG
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you send me the picture file, and the icc profile used?
Pierre.
AlexSikorsky

Post by AlexSikorsky »

xnview wrote:could you send me the picture file, and the icc profile used?
Version portable *.zip 64bit Windows 8.1. Today, half a day testeds, but the error after changing the settings of the CMS is not revealed. The very first time * .jpx was loaded with oversaturated colors, but after the program was restarted it was displayed normally. What did I do and how did I test it?

1. One and the same file is saved with the profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and with the profile sRGB 2014.
2. Further saved it in PNG, JPG, JPF, JPX, JP2, J2C
3. I looked through sequentially in the browser and in the view mode, switched for each file from one mode to another.

8 times for yesterday and today the program fell (I noticed that this happens when switching from browser mode to viewing mode). I came to the conclusion that the problem is not in the work of CMS, but in the unstable work of this assembly.

A test set of files I enclose by reference from the file sharing service. https://fex.net/324957431715?fileId=391130632
Attachments
00011.PNG
00011.PNG (37.1 KiB) Viewed 962 times
00013.PNG
00013.PNG (49.94 KiB) Viewed 962 times
00012.PNG
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

XnView use CMS only for TIFF/JPEG & PNG format

could you send me the color profile used for your monitor?
Pierre.
AlexSikorsky

Post by AlexSikorsky »

xnview wrote:XnView use CMS only for TIFF/JPEG & PNG format

could you send me the color profile used for your monitor?

A display profile in the archive.

What does the program do when displaying files in 16bit? - She translates them into 8bit, and then displays and works with color editing, or does she know how to handle 16bit color?
Attachments
LCD2690WUXi_D65G22Max_PantoneC.zip
FILENAME FILE COMMENT SIZE STATUS
LCD2690WUXi_D65G22Max_PantoneC.icm
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

AlexSikorsky wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:50 am OS Windows 8.1 / xnviewmp v.090
I can't reproduce, when opening the file in edit mode, i have the same as in browser.

how do you obtain the second screenshot of your first post?
Pierre.