Use of hot folders with subdirectories

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

despeaux

Use of hot folders with subdirectories

Post by despeaux »

Hi all,

I am trying to use the "hot folders" feature with subfolders. This feature only seems to work on files located directly within the selected folder.

For example if my hot folder is 'C:\hotfolder' and I put a file at 'C:\hotfolder\file.jpg', it will process. However if I put files in subfolders, for example at 'C:\hotfolder\anotherFolder\file.jpg', nothing happens.

I have the "Recursive" box checked next to the folder path. However I'm not sure what "recursive" means in this context, because I haven't been able to find any documentation of this feature.

Thank you all
Cliff
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Use of hot folders with subdirectories

Post by xnview »

the recursive checkbox means that this folder and subfolders will be watched for changes. i've tried and it works. Do you have lastest version?
Pierre.
despeaux

Post by despeaux »

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your response. I am trying this on XnConvert 1.76 as well as XnViewMP 7.16 and can confirm that only files placed directly in the hot folder are processed. I can create a brief video screenshot if you'd like.

Thank you very much!
Cliff
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

with XnView MP 0.90 too?
Pierre.
despeaux

Post by despeaux »

xnview wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 am with XnView MP 0.90 too?
I am sorry; I was looking at the wrong version number. I am using XnView MP Windows version 0.90:

I have created a brief video screenshot so you can see what I am doing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/paii45hc9pl5g ... r.mp4?dl=0

Thank you so much.
despeaux

Post by despeaux »

FYI this morning I tried it with the latest version of XnViewMP for Mac and got the same result; only files copied to the root 'hot folder' got processed.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
despeaux

Post by despeaux »

xnview wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am :bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Amazing, thank you so much! I will keep an eye out for the new version.
despeaux

Post by despeaux »

xnview wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am :bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Do you know when 0.91 will be released? Or, do you have a beta version I can try out in the meantime? Thank you!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

despeaux wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 pm
Do you know when 0.91 will be released? Or, do you have a beta version I can try out in the meantime? Thank you!
I hope to start the beta in 2 weeks...
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
Mateo

Post by Mateo »

Hmm... in my case (using 0.91) the 'Convert' button is disabled - even though I tried to add two different hot folders with images placed directly in these folders.