XnView folder should not be created unless it's needed

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnView folder should not be created unless it's needed

Post by Guest »

The XnView folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Application Data\" should not be created unless it's needed.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView folder should not be created unless it's needed

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:The XnView folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Application Data" should not be created unless it's needed.
Why is it a problem?
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

It's not a big problem, but I don't like it when apps create folders/registry keys/values on the system when they're not really needed.

It can't be that hard to put a check in before it's created to see if it's really needed.
Clo
XnThusiast

If--

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Guest

:) Hello !
It's not a big problem, but I don't like it when apps create folders/registry keys/values on the system when they're not really needed. …
• This folder is needed in two cases :
1. As soon as you set a favourite folder in the browser. Your wish could be satisfied whether the text file in wich the list is saved should be changed as a real text-menu in <Language>, like it's expressed in this message and linked others too.
2. It's used to store the wallpapers, if you make some…
• Like a user suggested already, I guess that the wallpapers could be located directly in <windows> (under Win 9x)…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice

Post by Guest »

I still think it should only create this folder the first time it creates one of these files.