XnViewMP very slow since last update

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnViewMP very slow since last update

Post by xnview »

daVe55 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm XnView MP v.90 is very slow to open any image compared to XnView Classic v2.44. When will the next version of XnView MP be released and will this slow response time be corrected? I am running Windows 10 x64 v1803 latest insider build.
slow how?
Pierre.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

daVe55 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm XnView MP v.90 is very slow to open any image compared to XnView Classic v2.44. When will the next version of XnView MP be released and will this slow response time be corrected? I am running Windows 10 x64 v1803 latest insider build.
It would be best to make a screencast with your steps. If you cannot do this, then just write here the steps with details.

For example:

1. I go with XnView on c:\temp (it is important: HDD, SSD or LAN?)
2. I double click on IMG_001.CR2 (it is important: RAW, small jpeg or a big tiff?)

Expected:
Opened in Viewer <1 sec.

Actual:
Opened in Viewer in loong time. More than 5 secs.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
daVe55

Post by daVe55 »

Steps?
Double-click on any graphic image associated with XnView MP. About 5 seconds later the image opens in XnView MP.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

daVe55 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:36 am Steps?
Double-click on any graphic image associated with XnView MP. About 5 seconds later the image opens in XnView MP.
What do you have for settings>Mode when starting with a file? which OS? no tabs restored?
Pierre.
secarica

Post by secarica »

I experience the same thing (i.e. very slow start on first start with XnViewMP 64bit) since few years now. On each new release I expected this to improve, but nothing changed.

I experienced this with Vista, with 7 and now 8.1, all 64bit.
I am not using any antivirus on neither systems.
There is no difference after fresh clean Windows install or after few months since the last system and application install.
I only use it as click-per-picture viewer, never in browser mode.

The first thing after a clean install is to customize some settings, but -- in order to avoid some hassle -- sometimes I simply copy the .ini file from the to-be-erased system to the fresh reinstalled system, so the problem might be related to some particular settings I am used to, that I set to it right from the beginning.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

secarica wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm I experience the same thing (i.e. very slow start on first start with XnViewMP 64bit) since few years now. On each new release I expected this to improve, but nothing changed.
If you use default settings, do you have same problem? The slow start is when you double click on image file in windows explorer?
Pierre.