Select all on focus input field

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jadO

Select all on focus input field

Post by jadO »

The field for quick search and assiging categories should select all when they get focus. Currently you have to manually select the contents of these fields to type a new term to look for.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Select all on focus input field

Post by xnview »

jadO wrote:The field for quick search and assiging categories should select all when they get focus. Currently you have to manually select the contents of these fields to type a new term to look for.
ok, for the quick search field, but what do you means by 'assinging categories'?
Pierre.
jadO

Post by jadO »

xnview wrote:
jadO wrote:The field for quick search and assiging categories should select all when they get focus. Currently you have to manually select the contents of these fields to type a new term to look for.
ok, for the quick search field, but what do you means by 'assinging categories'?
I mean the data pane "categories" it has an input field as well.
jadO

Post by jadO »

Just testing 0.91 beta 1 and still it has not been implemented.

Still it is very annyoing if you use keyboard only. I have asssigned a shortcut for quick search. So pressing the key, the cursor jumps into quick search field. But I cannot start to type a new search right away, because I have to mark everything in the field first.

It would be much more convenient if upon entering the search field via keyboard shortcut, everything in that field gets highlighted automatically.

It is not required to highlight everything when entering the quick search field by mouse, because an easy double click highlights all. Only when using keyboard it is super annoying.