Cache image: prerender and cache the display as well

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Cache image: prerender and cache the display as well

Post by Olivier_G »

I think I have a good solution for the small delay that seems to bother some users... :D

Instead of just pre-loading the image(s) in cache, render it (not shown) and cache its display as well (when View is set to anything different from 100%).
=> the image will be displayed immediately, without having to calculate anything, and it should not take too much memory.

Moreover, when the image is loaded, it should be turned at first - based on the EXIF (if applicable) - before being cached, in order to avoid this additionnal delay for display.

Olivier
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Cache image: prerender and cache the display as well

Post by xnview »

Olivier_G wrote:I think I have a good solution for the small delay that seems to bother some users... :D

Instead of just pre-loading the image(s) in cache, render it (not shown) and cache its display as well (when View is set to anything different from 100%).
=> the image will be displayed immediately, without having to calculate anything, and it should not take too much memory.

Moreover, when the image is loaded, it should be turned at first - based on the EXIF (if applicable) - before being cached, in order to avoid this additionnal delay for display.
Yes, i must think about a good solution...
Pierre.