"Add folder" doesn't work with PDF files

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oneto

"Add folder" doesn't work with PDF files

Post by oneto »

Hello,
I tried to convert a tree full of PDF files by using the "Add folder" in the input tab, but nothing happens. I have no problem converting files (using "Add files") so I think that my Ghostscript installation is correct. I have the same problem under at least the 3 last versions of XnConvert (1.77-1.74), so it doesn't seems to be a recent problem.
Thanks in advance,
Jean-Louis
wfa

Re: "Add folder" doesn't work with PDF files

Post by wfa »

A workaround in Windows would be to do a search for *.pdf in the root pdf folder, then select all then drag and drop into XnConvert. In the output tab select "Source folder" and each file will be stored back in its own folder. You should change the filename of the output pdf file to something like {Filename}_out.
oneto

Post by oneto »

Thank a lot !
It works and even if the constraint to use as out folder the source folder is not very convenient, that will solve my current problem!
Best regards,
Jean-Louis
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

oneto wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:34 pm I tried to convert a tree full of PDF files by using the "Add folder" in the input tab, but nothing happens. ... I have the same problem under at least the 3 last versions of XnConvert (1.77-1.74), so it doesn't seems to be a recent problem.

I had a quick look and there did seem to be a problem adding a folder containing a few (multipage) PDF files... :(