XnView Shell Extension

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

LaurentG

Re: XnView Shell Extension : localization issue

Post by LaurentG »

Hi,

I have just installed for the first time XnShell extension on Win7 64 bits.
And I discovered that language change do not work in this version (4.0 64 bits.)

Actually, this is due to the fact that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XnView\ShellEx\language is not correctly set, but contains extra characters (most often two chars, sometimes more) after language code.
If I update manually the entry (with Regedit) to a correct value (eg. "fr"), it works fine.

But registry entry is overwritten each time any option is changed... and then require to be re-set manually at each time with Regedit.
emmequ

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by emmequ »

xnview wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 am
emmequ wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:30 pm i tried also to disinstall all xn software + vcredist_x64 and reboot any time. reinstall all and rebot but don't work. i think that there is some of my software that caused an incompatibility.
Same thing?
After i tried also a register with bat file.
you need to run the .bat with admin rights
yes, i launch all with admin rights but an all 3 pc doesn't work.
when i click on xnview option from right click the preview of the file don't appear.
:idea:

last question. usually it is possible install only xnview shell or it need xnview classic?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

LaurentG wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:11 pm Hi,

And I discovered that language change do not work in this version (4.0 64 bits.)

Actually, this is due to the fact that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XnView\ShellEx\language is not correctly set, but contains extra characters (most often two chars, sometimes more) after language code.
If I update manually the entry (with Regedit) to a correct value (eg. "fr"), it works fine.

But registry entry is overwritten each time any option is changed... and then require to be re-set manually at each time with Regedit.
ok, right, an update will be soon available...
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

emmequ wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:35 pm yes, i launch all with admin rights but an all 3 pc doesn't work.
when i click on xnview option from right click the preview of the file don't appear.
I've tried on a clean Win10 x64, and no problem :?
Please try to remove HKCU>Software>XnView>ShellEx from registry
last question. usually it is possible install only xnview shell or it need xnview classic?
you can install it without XnView
Pierre.
emmequ

Post by emmequ »

xnview wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:17 pm
I've tried on a clean Win10 x64, and no problem :?
Please try to remove HKCU>Software>XnView>ShellEx from registry

you can install it without XnView
i'm think i'm wrong somethink in the installation, beacuse i tried again the installation on other 2 pc where never was installed xn software , i install only xnshell but there is the same problem... the register.bat procedure is required?
in attachment the screenshot of my installation folder
Attachments
2019-01-28 17_02_48-Window.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

emmequ wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:03 pm i'm think i'm wrong somethink in the installation, beacuse i tried again the installation on other 2 pc where never was installed xn software , i install only xnshell but there is the same problem... the register.bat procedure is required?
in attachment the screenshot of my installation folder
Please use the setup
Pierre.
emmequ

Post by emmequ »

xnview wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm Please use the setup
sure, i always used setup.
i install with .exe file, then rebot, but without succes

thanks for support, maybe i will retry with future update
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

emmequ wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:19 pm thanks for support, maybe i will retry with future update
In your video, why there is a blank area above XnShell item menu?
Pierre.
emmequ

Post by emmequ »

xnview wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 am
emmequ wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:19 pm thanks for support, maybe i will retry with future update
In your video, why there is a blank area above XnShell item menu?
i don't know, but on all computer where i try to install it, don't appear the preview of the picture and there is that blank area up the menu voice
LaurentG

Post by LaurentG »

xnview wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:51 pm
LaurentG wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:11 pm Hi,

ok, right, an update will be soon available...
Many thanks for quick update :D
I confirm it works fine, now, with rev 4.0.3
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

emmequ wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am i don't know, but on all computer where i try to install it, don't appear the preview of the picture and there is that blank area up the menu voice
could you try the new version?
Pierre.
emmequ

Post by emmequ »

xnview wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm could you try the new version?
yes, last time i already tried new version ;)
2019-01-30 18_27_22-Clipboard.jpg
2019-01-30 18_27_22-Clipboard.jpg (8.58 KiB) Viewed 7692 times
lostinpixels

Post by lostinpixels »

Hello and Thank you for your great programs (xnviewMP is amazing)

I have used the shell extension back in xp and win7 with success - but nothing I tried gets it to work on Win10 (1709).

I've tried all sorts (I know my way around windows) - including latest version, MS runtimes, admin, ownership, install vs zip, registry etc

The context menu does appear but nothing happens when choosing an action (any). If i edit the registry I can change the appearance of the menu
(as when going into options) - which means the shell does read and load the registry settings - but that is the only sign of life.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful - Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

lostinpixels wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:29 am The context menu does appear but nothing happens when choosing an action (any). If i edit the registry I can change the appearance of the menu
(as when going into options) - which means the shell does read and load the registry settings - but that is the only sign of life.
Same as previous user :( Is it a clean Windows 10? Which version?
Pierre.
lostinpixels

Post by lostinpixels »

yes, clean install - it's the x64 version (1709 rs3) - i have all the .net and run times installed too.