Several questions and suggestions

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

MARK2580

Several questions and suggestions

Post by MARK2580 »

Are you planning:

- Editing buttons of the small toolbar (where is the address, search, filter ...)
I am trying to switch from the FastStone program I am very used to, that in this panel there are 2 buttons backward from the beginning and an update button.

- The ability to reset the size of the thumbnails by default is set in the settings, and not just fit to the window.

- button to convert to * .jpg / png and so on. in the view mode toolbar. I really want in 1 click to convert an open file, for example in jpg or png.

- Is it possible to tell the program which files to read from folders. It seems that when the filter is turned on, the program still tries to read all existing files, and only then applies the filter, it takes a lot of time.

-
foxyshadis

Re: Several questions and suggestions

Post by foxyshadis »

There's no one-click convert, but you can add Export to the command bar with a right-click->Customize on it. That's 2-3 click, at least.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

foxyshadis wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 am There's no one-click convert, but you can add Export to the command bar with a right-click->Customize on it. That's 2-3 click, at least.
I know perfectly well what commands I can add to the panel, but for example the conversion command only supports 1 file. And each time, open the batch conversion, configure everything for a terribly long time.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

MARK2580 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am - Editing buttons of the small toolbar (where is the address, search, filter ...)
I am trying to switch from the FastStone program I am very used to, that in this panel there are 2 buttons backward from the beginning and an update button.
which function use these 2 buttons?
- The ability to reset the size of the thumbnails by default is set in the settings, and not just fit to the window.
so a 'reset to defaults' in settings>Thumbnails>Catalog?
- button to convert to * .jpg / png and so on. in the view mode toolbar. I really want in 1 click to convert an open file, for example in jpg or png.
and 'Convert into' is not good?
- Is it possible to tell the program which files to read from folders. It seems that when the filter is turned on, the program still tries to read all existing files, and only then applies the filter, it takes a lot of time.
if you exclude some extensions, files will not be readed
Pierre.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

-
Gyxwr3Ap8Q.png
Gyxwr3Ap8Q.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Just the navigation buttons are more convenient for being here, and not somewhere on the right or on the main panel. Yes, I understand that for someone trifles, but I would like to see the editing and this panel.

- For example, I want to temporarily increase the thumbnails, and then quickly press the "reset" button to apply the dimensions from the settings. I do not want to go into the settings every time. I think this will be a very useful feature.

- For the view mode, there are no buttons or functions in the menu for converting an open image into another format.
I simply want the function, so that I can convert, for example, with a single click on a button or a combination into jpg, without calling up any additional windows and saving the resulting file to this folder without any extra questions.
You only have to convert to jpg / png / tiff / bmp and these functions are only in the browser, not the view mode. I would like to see this feature in the view mode and also in more formats.
It is not very convenient to use batch conversion in everyday use, for the most part due to searching for the desired output format, you can add a format search by filter or make settings so that you can exclude unnecessary formats from this list.

- Are you talking about a custom filter? It is generally useless. No settings make the program completely ignore unnecessary formats, a full scan occurs and then the specified filter is applied.
I spent a lot of time learning a new program. I like its functionality, the program has more settings and functions than xn classic but the program due to the large number of supported formats starts and scans folders for a very long time. You need a setting that prohibits the program from reading certain formats, or vice versa, specify only the desired ones.
I personally saw how the folders are opened, from the beginning I see ALL files in the folder, so the program tried to read them and no filters help.

So I would be very happy to see the alpha channel insertion function in the image.
For example, I have textures, one of the normal map files, another file is a spec, and I want to join them, because insert the spec texture as an aflf of the normal map file.
tex.jpg
tex.jpg (99.2 KiB) Viewed 851 times
And I personally did not find the function in batch conversion. For example, I want to invert the blue channel in the texture. (was black, and make white).