How to open Batch convert window with preset already loaded?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Elk

How to open Batch convert window with preset already loaded?

Post by Elk »

When one opens the Batch convert window how can one have already a preset entered in the very left field at the bottom?

masterjp

Re: How to open Batch convert window with preset already loaded?

Post by masterjp »

You can select your favorite settings und use the disk icon to save the settings under your prefered name.
After saving your settings you can choose the saved settings within the dropdown menu.
PC: Intel 8700k + Asus Z370-F + 16 GB RAM G.Skill + Asus RTX 3050 OC + Samsung SSD
GFX: XN-View 2.51.5 | XnViewMP 1.6.5 | XnConvert 1.100.1 | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 | Elements XXL 11 | Paint.Net
Elk

Post by Elk »

Yes, I guess, you meant like this:

But how can one open that window with that profile already loaded?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Elk wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 pm Yes, I guess, you meant like this:

But how can one open that window with that profile already loaded?

On the Input tab you can save the settings used by clicking on the folder icon to the right above, and on the Settings tab there is an option to 'Load last script used at startup'.

Whether those settings will actually enable the use of the number of multiple cores previously selected I'm not sure, that may possibly require Pierre to add the number of cores selected to the parameters that are saved, if that is considered appropriate...

Edit:

Selecting 'Load last script used at startup' may be sufficient for your needs if it works, the facility to save a script enables alternative saved scripts to be loaded again and used.
Elk

Post by Elk »

tab there is an option to 'Load last script used at startup'.
Sorry, I cannot find such there, where exactly is it?
Selecting 'Load last script used at startup' may be sufficient for your needs if it works, the facility to save a script enables alternative saved scripts to be loaded again and used.
Yes, that sounds great, if only I could find it.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Elk wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 pm
tab there is an option to 'Load last script used at startup'.
Sorry, I cannot find such there, where exactly is it?
Yes, that sounds great, if only I could find it.
Apologies, I was looking at XnConvert, which is essentially the batch convert function of XnView MP, but the interfaces are currently not identical and the checkbox 'Load last script used at startup' is not present in XnView MP 0.93... :(

You could download XnConvert and try that, any script you have created should be transferable, I imagine...
Elk

Post by Elk »

Yes, I have, but actually it should be superfluous using it if one uses XnView:

https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/
It uses the batch processing module of XnViewMP
Odd.

Many thanks
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Elk wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 am Yes, I have, but actually it should be superfluous using it if one uses XnView:

https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/
It uses the batch processing module of XnViewMP
Odd.

XnConvert is a smaller, standalone software with a simpler interface than XnView MP that is ideal for batch conversion... :D

As additional features are added, the interfaces of the two softwares do sometimes get out of sync; I don't immediately see any obvious reason why the above checkbox option couldn't be added to XnView MP.

Are you now able to do what you need to do using XnConvert?
Elk

Post by Elk »

XnConvert is a smaller, standalone software with a simpler interface than XnView MP that is ideal for batch conversion... :D
Yes, but you have to watch images in a viewer anyway (before editing, batch them).
Are you now able to do what you need to do using XnConvert?
Well, using XnConvert would be impractical, I guess, as I would have to watch the images in a browser / viewer (e.g. XnView) and then would have to open / use XnConvert. That would cause more action than just each time chosing the script (in XnView / MP) to use for the next batch actions.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

I suppose it depends on your workflow, the value of batch conversion is in processing a batch of already selected images that need similar processing...

If the 'Load last script used at startup' option above would be useful for you, I suggest that you, in view of the length of this thread, post a separate request as a suggestion to add that option to the XnView MP batch conversion Settings tab...
Elk

Post by Elk »

I suppose it depends on your workflow, the value of batch conversion is in processing a batch of already selected images that need similar processing...
Yes, that is right of course.
If the 'Load last script used at startup' option above would be useful for you, I suggest that you, in view of the length of this thread, post a separate request as a suggestion to add that option to the XnView MP batch conversion Settings tab...
Yes, that could be a good thought. So let's see. Many thanks!