How could I in the browser copy the complete path (with file name) to the clip board with a single click or so?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Elk

How could I in the browser copy the complete path (with file name) to the clip board with a single click or so?

Post by Elk »

michel038
XnThusiast

Re: How could I in the browser copy the complete path (with file name) to the clip board with a single click or so?

Post by michel038 »

If you often use this utility, you can create a file list.

"Create" menu, "File listing"
Add an entry with {Folder name}\{Filename With Ext}
( a backslash as separator for Windows )

Select photos, then shift L , copy to clipboard ...
Last edited by michel038 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elk

Re: How could I in the browser copy the complete path (with file name) to the clip board with a single click or so?

Post by Elk »

Didn't know about the file list, that is good. Thank you
Create" menu, "File list"
Add an entry with {Folder name}\{Filename With Ext}
( a backslash as separator for Windows )
I did:
Select photos, then shift L , copy to clipboard ...
Yes, that works, thank you.

Is there a way to copy only the path with file name of a single image to the clip board (by keeping the other formats / lines here or without to first open that window(?):
michel038
XnThusiast

Post by michel038 »

Instead of "Copy to clipboard", you can use "preview", and a kind of notepad will open
There, you can copy only the entire filename.

But it needs more than one click.

If needed you can also add quotes : "{Directory}\{Filename With Ext}"

If you are using Windows, another way is to right-click on a file, choose "properties" , select the second tab "security" and copy the full name of the file
Elk

Post by Elk »

OK, that is good, either I can use your preview idea or the Win properties, yes, I am on Win 10.

And also thank you for the code line with quotes, very useful.
michel038
XnThusiast

Post by michel038 »

... and if you want to create html files, you can add informations like this :

Elk

Post by Elk »

Ah, so on the html pages thumbs are shown then, that is very good. So you can use it for a gallery, I assume, online. But, where odes the information in the middle line come from? Somewhere from here, I guess:
jadO

Post by jadO »

Elk wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 am How could I in the browser copy the complete path (with file name) to the clip board with a single click or so?
I don't know if this helps but if you simply use CTRL+C on the file and CTRL+V to paste into notepad, you'll see that the path and file name gets pasted.
Elk

Post by Elk »

Unbelievable, yes, it works. If I remember it right I have tried that some days before and it didn't work, but now it does. May be it depends on the settings for the browser view, whether it works or not.

Thank you very much!