Missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

hannes_hab

Re: List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Post by hannes_hab »

eclipse .tile is supported (list of supported files) - but its not shown in xnviewMP (it was shown in older versions of xnview - with thumbnails) - any suggestions or help on this?
thank you in advance
regards
johannes
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

hannes_hab wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:14 pm eclipse .tile is supported (list of supported files) - but its not shown in xnviewMP (it was shown in older versions of xnview - with thumbnails) - any suggestions or help on this?
what do you means??
Pierre.
Mike2005

Post by Mike2005 »

In XnView MP, there seems to be no setting for sharpening the preview of images resized to fit to the window.
There's no option "Use sharpen" under Tools > Settings > View as in XnView Classic.
gleepglop

Post by gleepglop »

So there's still no auto crop? :( XnView can't open files with Unicode filenames, but XnViewMP can't do all the things XnView can do? I wish there were just one program that did everything. :(
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

gleepglop wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:21 pm So there's still no auto crop? :( XnView can't open files with Unicode filenames, but XnViewMP can't do all the things XnView can do? I wish there were just one program that did everything. :(
you have 'auto crop' in batch convert. Which things XnViewMP can't do?
Pierre.
aya888888

Post by aya888888 »

Mike2005 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:50 pm In XnView MP, there seems to be no setting for sharpening the preview of images resized to fit to the window.
There's no option "Use sharpen" under Tools > Settings > View as in XnView Classic.
I have the same problem with Mike2005. I use XnView to read manga and sometime text is blurred make it hard to read (especially when image fit to window).
In XnView Classic I can use option "Use sharpen" under Tools > Options > View to read text easier but I can't find it in XnView MP. Does it have a chance to return in XnView MP
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

aya888888 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:21 pm In XnView Classic I can use option "Use sharpen" under Tools > Options > View to read text easier but I can't find it in XnView MP. Does it have a chance to return in XnView MP
Right, this setting should be added
Pierre.
marce

Post by marce »

Hi! Long time xnview classic here... for basic things most of the time, even the batchs have been very useful sometimes.
I have installed MP, nice. Since i use XNView in a basic way, i thought it will be the replacement and i was to forgot about classic...
But even my efforts...i'm back every try i give to MP, to the classic version.
Two basic things i cant do with MP:

1 Select with the mouse an area of an image, copy to the clipboard. I just go to another application, and it says "the clipboard is empty". That says Gimp, others programs just past the entire image. weird.Classic dont have that issue.

2 Another issue is, suppose you paste that image as a new one inside of MP and whitout save it, you with alt+1 try to open in gimp or another external editor..."no such file..." With classic, the file is opened, since it save to a temporarely file that can be editable.

Well, just my report, hope it become useful.
Anyway, just great programs, classic and MP
Cheers
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

marce wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm 1 Select with the mouse an area of an image, copy to the clipboard. I just go to another application, and it says "the clipboard is empty". That says Gimp, others programs just past the entire image. weird.Classic dont have that issue.
The problem seems to be with Gimp only, it works on other apps
Pierre.
marce

Post by marce »

I checked...yes, Gimp appear be the more problematic. But it have some issues with other software, as serif pageplus, drawplus, pasting it as the entire image, not the selected portion. In Word 2007 the same happens...is pasted the entire image instead of the portion you selected.
So...something works different from classic that some programs or dont paste at all, or paste it entirely, not the selected area.
cheers
marce

Post by marce »

I compared the output to the Clipboard of Classic & MP. In the screenshot you can see Ditto clipboard manager reading the Classic (below as CF_DIB) and the MP (above as the filename and path)
xnviewMP-issue.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

marce wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:21 am I compared the output to the Clipboard of Classic & MP. In the screenshot you can see Ditto clipboard manager reading the Classic (below as CF_DIB) and the MP (above as the filename and path)
xnviewMP-issue.jpg
if you use 'Copy image' you have the DIB too
Pierre.
revorger

Post by revorger »

xnview wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 pm
Koogle wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 pm it's been over a year.. what is happening with this option i still don't see it an xnviewmp is still garbage to use without it.. makes xnview classic usable because I can open an image and have it resize the window to fit the window, or even scroll next/back to another image and it will resize....
this setting will not be added in XnView MP
Is there any reason why this won't be a feature in MP? It's my preferred method of viewing images and the lack of this feature is the only reason I use classic.
eye2eye

Post by eye2eye »

For creators - I'm begging to implement function of sharpening viewed pics from "Classic" to "MP" version (Classic: Settings > View > Use sharpen 0-80). In "Classic" it works so perfect.. and it can hugely speed-up of selecting photos, because there is no need to use zoom-in to see if pic is good or not.
So much please, .. Thanks in advance :)
gleepglop

Post by gleepglop »

xnview wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am
gleepglop wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:21 pm So there's still no auto crop? :( XnView can't open files with Unicode filenames, but XnViewMP can't do all the things XnView can do? I wish there were just one program that did everything. :(
you have 'auto crop' in batch convert. Which things XnViewMP can't do?
Is that the same thing? You can auto crop the image you are looking at by pressing Alt-Y with this feature?