Batch Clean EXIF and add copyrights - what am I doing wrong?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

sasko1

Batch Clean EXIF and add copyrights - what am I doing wrong?

Post by sasko1 »

OK, here I am again. :)

I am using "Batch convert" to process some photos and I'd like to clean EXIF and than add only Credits and Copyright info to them.
So, here is how I do it:

I choose my list of actions for action tab.
First is "Clean metadata" and the second one is IPTC IIM/XMP, where I enter my Name and my website, so it can be written after Metadata is cleaned. In the output tab I have thicked "keep original date/time" , "preserve extension" and "preserve color profile". Unticked is "Keep metadata".

But after I process my images, metadata is clean, but no fields as copyright or Credits are written.

What am I doing wrong?

Becouse of that, I always have to go to Edit IPTC/XMP and rewrite all files to make Credits and Copyright info. I would like to have everything in one Batch done.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Batch Clean EXIF and add copyrights - what am I doing wrong?

Post by cday »

sasko1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:23 pm OK, here I am again. :)

I am using "Batch convert" to process some photos and I'd like to clean EXIF and than add only Credits and Copyright info to them.
So, here is how I do it:

I choose my list of actions for action tab.
First is "Clean metadata" and the second one is IPTC IIM/XMP, where I enter my Name and my website, so it can be written after Metadata is cleaned. In the output tab I have thicked "keep original date/time" , "preserve extension" and "preserve color profile". Unticked is "Keep metadata".

But after I process my images, metadata is clean, but no fields as copyright or Credits are written.

What am I doing wrong?

Becouse of that, I always have to go to Edit IPTC/XMP and rewrite all files to make Credits and Copyright info. I would like to have everything in one Batch done.

If you tick "Keep metadata" on the Output tab?

At a quick look, isn't unticking "Keep metadata" cleaning the IPTC IIM/XMP metadata you have just added?
sasko1

Post by sasko1 »

cday wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:33 pm

If you tick "Keep metadata" on the Output tab?

At a quick look, isn't unticking "Keep metadata" cleaning the IPTC IIM/XMP metadata you have just added?
Hmm, will try this too. Got too confused when I started to think about this. Will let you know
sasko1

Post by sasko1 »

cday, just to inform you that your suggestion works. Thanks for the tip! :D