Better use of Category Sets

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

unqltango

Better use of Category Sets

Post by unqltango »

Category Sets are a great way fasten up work with Categories. I feel however that it could be even better. Here is a suggestions:

Make it possible to drop a whole Category Set on a photo/photos. For example I have a Set name "Vacation 2005" with these words: "summer, vacation, 2005, Indonesia".

I select several photos.
I grab and dran'n'drop the whole "Vacation 2005" on a selected photo.
Job done, each selected photo got the 4 keywords, I don't have to individually click each keyword.

Thanks for considering,
Tango
jadO

Re: Better use of Category Sets

Post by jadO »

unqltango wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:18 pm Category Sets are a great way fasten up work with Categories. I feel however that it could be even better. Here is a suggestions:

Make it possible to drop a whole Category Set on a photo/photos. For example I have a Set name "Vacation 2005" with these words: "summer, vacation, 2005, Indonesia".

I select several photos.
I grab and dran'n'drop the whole "Vacation 2005" on a selected photo.
Job done, each selected photo got the 4 keywords, I don't have to individually click each keyword.

Thanks for considering,
Tango
Has been suggested here already

Additional suggestion is to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts to category sets

Here is one thing you can do: You can assign the same keyboard shortcut to multiple single categories. So in your example you could assign "summer, vacation, 2005, Indonesia" to ALT+S.
Whenever you use that on a file, then all these keywords will be assigned to it. Downside, you cannot assign multiple shortcuts to a single category.