Watermark option

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cday
XnThusiast

Watermark option

Post by cday »

In XnView MP the watermark function is located in Image > Draw... although watermarking is not really a 'draw' operation.

Wouldn't it be better as in XnView Classic as Image > Add watermark... ?
sprayer

Re: Watermark option

Post by sprayer »

There is another watermark tool in batch converting dialog
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

sprayer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:11 pm There is another watermark tool in batch converting dialog
Yes, and that is entirely appropriate... :D

But in the XnView Classic editor, the watermark function is on the Image menu, consistent with other related editing options: that seems like the natural place to look for it.

However in the XnView MP editor, the watermark function is on the fairly recently added Image > Draw... tool, which seems a less intuitive place to look for it as watermarking is not really a drawing function.

So both for consistency with XnView Classic, and because the menu seems a more intuitive place to look, I suggested the watermark function be added to the Image menu, although it could also be duplicated on the Draw tool as it is already there... :wink:
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

More tools is good, but i am using xnview as image viewer and batch converting only, for editing photos like placing watermark i am using image editor -photoshop there is more fine tools for that. So never used this menus in xnview =)
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

sprayer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 pm More tools is good, but i am using xnview as image viewer and batch converting only, for editing photos like placing watermark i am using image editor -photoshop there is more fine tools for that. So never used this menus in xnview =)
But Photoshop isn't free, many users are very happy to use Pierre's freeware! :D
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

There is many free image editors)
Krita, gimp, etc
And great editors much cheaper than photoshop AffinityPhoto, PaintTool SAI
I think image viewer should be light and fast loading and don't need much tools like filters from photoshop what still not working =)
Sirio

Post by Sirio »

The Watermark tool like XnView Classic has, is seriously missing me on XnViewMP. (View mode > Image > Add watermark) :(

In the "draw" way, you have to place it all the time manually and the "Batch convert" way, XnVieMP starts always from the rough image, not wfrom the modified image (colour, crop, etc...)
Please introduce it. :wink:
Thank you
Sirio
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Sirio wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm The Watermark tool like XnView Classic has, is seriously missing for me in XnViewMP. (View mode > Image > Add watermark) :(

In the "draw" way, you have to place it all the time manually and the "Batch convert" way, XnVieMP starts always from the input image, not from the modified image (colour, crop, etc...)
Thank you
cday wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 am In XnView MP the watermark function is located in Image > Draw... although watermarking is not really a 'draw' operation.

Wouldn't it be better as in XnView Classic as Image > Add watermark... ?
+1 Add to the Viewer menu and consider Sirio's comments...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Sirio wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm The Watermark tool like XnView Classic has, is seriously missing me on XnViewMP. (View mode > Image > Add watermark) :(

In the "draw" way, you have to place it all the time manually and the "Batch convert" way, XnVieMP starts always from the rough image, not wfrom the modified image (colour, crop, etc...)
Thank you
why 'text' feature in Paint is not as good as old 'Add text'?
Pierre.
Sirio

Post by Sirio »

The quality of "Text" and "Add Watemark" in Draw is very good, the only difference with XnView Classic is that the pop-up window of "Watermark" Remembers all the settings of the last use. I mean, the advantage with XnView Classic is that I don't have to browse and find the right PNG file and then place it in the corner at the right size.
Watermark in XnView Classic.png
Watermark in XnView Classic.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
With XnView Classic I just have to make Shift+W (Or Image > Add Watermark...) then Enter.
Sirio