Incomplete "export for nconvert"

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

AnyOne

Incomplete "export for nconvert"

Post by AnyOne »

In order to automate my workflow I wanted to use the button "export for nconvert".
My workflow includes crop, resize, watermark, converting png to jpg.
Unfortunately, the exported batch for nconvert is missing important parameters to be equivalent to the treatment using XnConvert.
Parameters for crop and resize are all exported, but for watermark and jpg, some are missing.

Here's an extract of the config file (*.xbs) that show which parameters are not exported to batch file:

Code: Select all

<Watermark ... no_alpha="false" delta_x="0" delta_y="-5" perc="80" size="3" ... />
    <JPEG ... optimizeHuffman="true" DCTMethod="2" subSampling="2" smoothFactor="0" .... />
When I tried to manually add these parameters to the batch file, I noticed that there is even no parameter offered by nconvert for stretching a watermark to a given percentage!

Could you please confirm my observations and tell me if this will be fixed in future versions?

(Merci en avance pour toutes les réponses)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Incomplete "export for nconvert"

Post by xnview »

AnyOne wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:04 am When I tried to manually add these parameters to the batch file, I noticed that there is even no parameter offered by nconvert for stretching a watermark to a given percentage!
currently no way, other settings are missing?
Pierre.
AnyOne

Post by AnyOne »

I pointed out 9 parameters that don't get exported to batch by xnconvert.
And there is at least one of them missing for nconvert.

May I ask: what is the problem to add a parameter to nconvert for a function xnconvert offers?
Are they not based on the same core function code?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

AnyOne wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:09 am I pointed out 9 parameters that don't get exported to batch by xnconvert.
And there is at least one of them missing for nconvert.
which ones?
May I ask: what is the problem to add a parameter to nconvert for a function xnconvert offers?
Are they not based on the same core function code?
not the same code, it's why i think to do that
Pierre.