Printing multiple images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Brother Gabriel-Marie

Printing multiple images

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Sometimes I want to print pages of images to take to my art table to use as drawing references.

Now, MP doesn't give you an option to arrange multiple images for printing - the best you get is to use "Thumbnails".
So, that's what I'm doing.

However, I need to print two images to a page in landscape layout.
The preview of the print does not display a landscape mode page - in fact, it doesn't display a letter-sized page at all, even though Page Setup is set to 8.5x11 landscape. Changing the layout mode does not change the shape of the paper dimensions in the preview.

That being said, I have another problem - the Margins. I want them to stay at .25 for all sides, but they keep changing.

So, I've got Page Setup set to landscape mode on 8.5x11, 1 row with 2 columns. That should give me two images on one side of the paper set out side by side. The preview shows me a teeny tiny little image -probably because for some reason it made the margins 1.63 all the way around. Even still, the preview doesn't show accurately.

When I send the configuration to the printer, it puts the two images side by side like they ought to, but places them in the lower left corner of the page. For some reason the "center" button is grayed out in the print settings.

Anyway, what am I doing wrong? It seems so hard to try to print images. I want to just choose the images I want to print, decide how many are on the page and have them print centered in the page side by side. I'd also like each image to "fit" into the row/column area. So maybe I'm really asking for more printing options and a more accurate preview?

It seems to me I've used this feature in past versions (using the most recent 0.94.2 x64) and didn't have any troubles using Thumbnails printing to do this. Maybe something changed under the hood? Or, I admit, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Attachments
screenshot_xnviewmp_016.png
screenshot_xnviewmp_014.png
Rick

Re: Printing multiple images

Post by Rick »

Try CREATE / Contact Sheet
--
Rick
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Create Contact Sheet creates new images based on the ones you select.
Yes, I am able to create them and print those.

Still, it doesn't solve the problems with printing collections of images via the print dialogue. I hate to have to create new images just to print them.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Brother Gabriel-Marie

Yeah, but *that* post is from 2009 - 10 years old!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 pmYeah, but *that* post is from 2009 - 10 years old!
The report I'm referring to was posted yesterday:
Hans L wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:18 pmWhen you go to print a jpg file, then click Page setup to change orientation, click Landscape (pic is in Portrait), then click OK, the pic in the Preview window does not change orientation. You have to click Page setup again, and then OK again, to invoke the orientation change in the Preview window.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Okay. That does sound like a similar problem.