Resized window and images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

KRH

Resized window and images

Post by KRH »

This problem has to do with working with resized windows. In my old version, 1.70, if I selected "fit window to image" in Options>View, when I changed the size of the view, the size of the window changed along with that of the image. Opening two or more image files, I was able to resize the view of either, move them about the desk top, juxtapose them, whatever. Now, no matter what setting I try (fit image to window, fit window to image, etc.), when I change the size of the image view, the size and shape of the widow remain the same, so that I can no longer freely juxtapose images. Am I missing something?

Edit: I neglected to mention that I'm now using ver. 1.80.2
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Please try v1.80.3.
KRH

Post by KRH »

Will do. I appreciated your help with my last problem. Is something known to be problematic with 1.80.2?
KRH

Post by KRH »

I installed ver. 1.80.3 but it didn't help. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

KRH wrote:I installed ver. 1.80.3 but it didn't help. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?
I don't understand your problem, if i set "Fit window to image" & "force xnview to fit", when i open a picture xnview fit to this picture...
Pierre.
KRH

Post by KRH »

xnview wrote:I don't understand your problem, if i set "Fit window to image" & "force xnview to fit", when i open a picture xnview fit to this picture...
Yes, that also works for me, but that resizes the entire XnView interface, wrapping it around the image, on the Windows desk top or whatever else happens to be underneath. In both my previous installation, which was actually ver. 1.74, and the one prior to that, 1.37 I believe, when I set it to "Fit window to image", the window conformed to the shape and size of the resized image on top of the XnView desktop, which remained maximized. That was one of my favorite features. I have found a work-around: If I change the size of the re-sized image and then hit RMB + LMB, the window snaps to the shape and size of the image on the desktop. That works OK and I can live with it, but it's a little tedious and I wish I had the old behavior back. I tried downgrading again to ver. 1.74 but I am already hooked on some of the new features of the current version and I don't want to go back.

If this has become the default behavior, perhaps I should be posting in the Requests and Suggestions forum rather than General Support..

Edit: I should also point out in regard to using the solution of setting "Fit window to image" and "Force XnView to fit", I'm talking about working with several images at the same time.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I cannot recreate problem. I can adjust dimensions of multiple image windows and arrange them.
(Maybe saving old xnview.ini and using new one would help.)
KRH

Post by KRH »

marsh wrote:I can adjust dimensions of multiple image windows and arrange them.
I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing. What I mean is that if I had an image open in view mode and clicked the resize button in the corner, and then resized the image up or down, any number of times, the window would automatically conform in size and shape exactly to the image without any intervention. Is that what you're talking about?
As for the .ini file, one of the things I've tried is removing all files and folders for the previous installation and cleaning the registry before reinstalling ver. 1.80.3.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I see a difference between versions (if this is what you are refering to).
Fit window to image; images not maximized.
In v.1.74, the image/child window shrinks and grows with zoom - / +.
In v.1.80.3, the image/child window does not shrink or grow with zoom.
KRH

Post by KRH »

marsh wrote:I see a difference between versions (if this is what you are refering to). I don't know what the intended behaviour is.
Yes, that seems to be be exactly what I'm talking about. Where did you find that? At any rate, it was a feature I valued very highly and I hope it's restored in future versions. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to use the RMB + LMB trick.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

KRH wrote:
marsh wrote:I see a difference between versions (if this is what you are refering to). I don't know what the intended behaviour is.
Yes, that seems to be be exactly what I'm talking about. Where did you find that? At any rate, it was a feature I valued very highly and I hope it's restored in future versions. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to use the RMB + LMB trick.
Ok, i understand, a bug...
Pierre.
KRH

Post by KRH »

xnview wrote:Ok, i understand, a bug...
Thank you. I love this program and I recommend it to people every chance I get.

And thank you, marsh, for precisely formulating the problem.
KRH

Post by KRH »

I apologize for bumping this thread but since I don't see any reference to this problem in the Bug Reports forum, I'm wondering if it has been offially noted as a bug anywhere.
Win98SE
Danny

Post by Danny »

Fixed in 1.82beta2 as far as i can tell.
KRH

Post by KRH »

Danny wrote:Fixed in 1.82beta2 as far as i can tell.
I can't find any reference to this specific problem having been fixed, but I will try the beta. Thanks for the tip
Win98SE