Settings in "Canvas resize" dialog are not remembered

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

dma_k

Settings in "Canvas resize" dialog are not remembered

Post by dma_k »

Dear community,

I am using XnView MP v0.93.1.

I am using "Image" → "Canvas resize..." function often. When one opens that dialog, there are the following options:

1. "Keep ratio"
2. "Position"
3. "Background color"

When I set these values and confirm the dialog, the next time I open the dialog, the settings are reset. I tried to play with "Presets" but I cannot get how it works or suppose to work. I will appreciate if one tells me how to implement "automatic restore of last settings" the easiest way.

Possible bug

I have saved the settings to new preset in this dialog. When I open the dialog and select my preset, the options I am interested in are not changed. Perhaps they are not supposed to be saved to preset. If so, it would be nice to have this feature somehow indicated, namely, what is saved to preset and what is not.

Seems to be related to this and this post.

Feature request

It would be nice if the quick position selection control is also added to this dialog (as in classic XnView). The control is 3x3 matrix, highlighted by red on this screenshot:
position.png
position.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Settings in "Canvas resize" dialog are not remembered

Post by xnview »

dma_k wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:34 pm I have saved the settings to new preset in this dialog. When I open the dialog and select my preset, the options I am interested in are not changed. Perhaps they are not supposed to be saved to preset. If so, it would be nice to have this feature somehow indicated, namely, what is saved to preset and what is not.
:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce
Feature request
It would be nice if the quick position selection control is also added to this dialog (as in classic XnView). The control is 3x3 matrix, highlighted by red on this screenshot:
position.png
it's better?
Pierre.
quapurna

Post by quapurna »

Yes, it has been reported. The last report was by the end of January (before 0931 was released).
I used Windows10 at that moment, but the same issue also appears on Ubuntu 18.04.2 .

Yes, I like the feature request too. If that image is used, I dont have to read and you dont have to translate to other languages.

Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
zzapper

Post by zzapper »

Well if I understand the problem here, it won't remember canvas color, continuously reverts to black.. I never want black always white using 0.95
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

zzapper wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:22 pm Well if I understand the problem here, it won't remember canvas color, continuously reverts to black.. I never want black always white using 0.95
even if you use 'lastest'?
Pierre.
zzapper

Post by zzapper »

Yes very latest version 0.95. But what I mean is I set canvas bgcolor to white but when go to the next image and select change canvas size the background color is black. So I'm expecting the big color to be the same for all images in my session.

Is there initialisation setting I can tweak?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

zzapper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 am Yes very latest version 0.95. But what I mean is I set canvas bgcolor to white but when go to the next image and select change canvas size the background color is black. So I'm expecting the big color to be the same for all images in my session.

Is there initialisation setting I can tweak?
you have 'lastest used'
Pierre.