Flagging photos for deletion?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

blizeH

Flagging photos for deletion?

Post by blizeH »

Hi,

I've used Lightroom in the past and my rough understanding is that you quickly go through all of your photos and press X to mark a photo to be deleted, and then delete them all in one go.

Is there anything similar in XnView MP please? Deleting photos separately is really slow (as it is in any program). The closest I've found is to rate photos as 1 star using ctrl + 1 but it's a bit of a faff having to stress like that across the keyboard... I know it's a small thing but I have tens of thousands of photos to sort through, so anything which makes the process just a bit easier would be amazing :)

Thanks
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: Flagging photos for deletion?

Post by michel038 »

Go to View menu, Tag, show tag box
Now, at the top left corner of each thumbnail in the browser, you can check the square icon to tag this photo (only one at a time )
You can also use Ctrl T to tag many selected photos

When some photos are tagged, you can select them (View, Tag, Show tagged files) and move or delete them ...
blizeH

Re: Flagging photos for deletion?

Post by blizeH »

michel038 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:13 pm Go to View menu, Tag, show tag box
Now, at the top left corner of each thumbnail in the browser, you can check the square icon to tag this photo (only one at a time )
You can also use Ctrl T to tag many selected photos

When some photos are tagged, you can select them (View, Tag, Show tagged files) and move or delete them ...
Cool, thank you! I will give this a try :)