Resize - Add custom Preset size

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

mustbeit

Resize - Add custom Preset size

Post by mustbeit »

Hi,

In version 0.96.4
Image>Resize (SHIFT +S)
There is a drop down list of predefined format, such as 160x120, etc.

Questions:
  • How delete some profiles - it's possible with crop profiles, but I do not see how to do it with resize.
  • Default behaviour is select and set by the "default" profile, how can I change this to point to a custom made profile, for example "my profile h1080"?
    This is very convenient when one is working on a folder and want to perform similar changes to a bunch of files (no XnConvert, as needs so tweaks).
Thanks
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Resize Profiles - custom resize profile

Post by cday »

mustbeit wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:15 am Hi,

In version 0.96.4
Image>Resize (SHIFT +S)
There is a drop down list of predefined format, such as 160x120, etc.

Questions:
  • How delete some profiles - it's possible with crop profiles, but I do not see how to do it with resize.
  • Default behaviour is select and set by the "default" profile, how can I change this to point to a custom made profile, for example "my profile h1080"?
    This is very convenient when one is working on a folder and want to perform similar changes to a bunch of files (no XnConvert, as needs so tweaks).

If there isn't an easy answer to your question as posed, a simple addition might be to make the last settings used persistent, would that meet your needs?
mustbeit

Post by mustbeit »

>If there isn't an easy answer to your question as posed, a simple addition might be to make the last settings used persistent, would that meet your needs?

If I managed to have a custom profile, I didn't manage to have this very profile selected as default, is it possible?
Additionaly, for the sake of clarity, I wish to get rid of a bunch of unwanted predefined profiles.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Taking a closer look, I see that existing size defaults can be deleted using the 'X' to the right of the drop down list, and that new presets can be added using the disk icon next to it... :D

I also had a quick look at the .ini file to see if the preset values are visible, which should enable the list to be edited: at least with the settings of my text editor, I can't relate what I see to the existing preset values, but I have a suspicion it might be possible.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

mustbeit wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 pm >If there isn't an easy answer to your question as posed, a simple addition might be to make the last settings used persistent, would that meet your needs?

If I managed to have a custom profile, I didn't manage to have this very profile selected as default, is it possible?
I'm not sure I understand, I was thinking that if the 'last used' settings were persistent you would only have to enter your current desired preset value once, and it would be retained in the Width and Height fields the next time you open Resize...

I think the edit to my previous post now answers your original request, but personally I think that persistence of the 'last used' values is in any case normally desirable, if they aren't already persistent.
mustbeit

Post by mustbeit »

Taking a closer look, I see that existing size defaults can be deleted using the 'X' to the right of the drop down list, and that new presets can be added using the disk icon next to it...
You're very right(it does indicate to delete, but it does not perform it), it seems to be a bug, I'm running Manjaro XFCE Linux.
I haven't tested under win10
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

The 'X' doesn't seem to work for me either in Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3, looks as if it is possibly greyed out?

I've tried to check if it might be a right issue but didn't understand the permissions values I saw, you might check if you have write permission from the Linux account you are using; the location of your .ini file can be found in Tools > Settings... > Integration -- Paths, and you can open the relevant folder directly from there.

If confirmed that it is a bug, best to report as a separate bug report to get Pierre's attention...
mustbeit

Re: Resize - Add custom Preset size

Post by mustbeit »

I just tried on win10, it does not work either.
So it's not Linux specific
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

mustbeit wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 pm I just tried on win10, it does not work either.
So it's not Linux specific
You'll file a separate bug report and link to this thread?
mustbeit

Post by mustbeit »

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=40760

Done, but had to wait to post my answer: "You cannot make another post so soon after your last." :D
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

mustbeit wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 pm Done, but had to wait to post my answer: "You cannot make another post so soon after your last." :D
I've never encountered that, possibly anti-spam??

I've taken the liberty of moving your bug report from 'Classic to XnView MP, and also edited the title to aid clarity. :D
mustbeit

Post by mustbeit »

Shouldn't it moved directly to:
Reproduced - TODO
Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer, or features to do
As you reproduced it :-)
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

My understanding, although I may be wrong, is that 'Reproduced' is for Pierre's use once he has confirmed a bug, although in this case it is true that I have already for all practical purposes confirmed your observation...

Edit:

The bug reporting system is relatively new and I'm not too familiar with it: I see now that a bug can be confirmed by any user, although I can also see an argument that it might be better left to Pierre, as another user's confirmation might not always be entirely valid, and as other users can in any case confirm their reproduction in the 'New' report thread...