Keep in Browser mode after pasting file path on address bar. Possible to set it up, even by editing xnview.ini?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cadu

Keep in Browser mode after pasting file path on address bar. Possible to set it up, even by editing xnview.ini?

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.
As shown in this screencast (https://bit.ly/2Qo7kpM), when I paste a file path (e.g. C:\Image\Image.jpg) on XnViewMP 0.96.5 it launches the file, leaving the "Browser" and changing automatically to the "Viewer" interface.
I perused XnViewMP settings and couldn't see any explicit option to "Keep in Browser mode after pasting file path on address bar".
As a reference, I'm trying to achieve in XnView the default behavior when you paste a file path on Adobe Bridge address bar.
Does anyone know if it is possible to set up that behavior editing xnview.ini?

Thank you very much!
Carlos
Rick

Re: Keep in Browser mode after pasting file path on address bar. Possible to set it up, even by editing xnview.ini?

Post by Rick »

Settings / Interface / Tabs
Set the number of tabs down to one and see if that helps
--
Rick
cadu

Re: Keep in Browser mode after pasting file path on address bar. Possible to set it up, even by editing xnview.ini?

Post by cadu »

Rick wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm Settings / Interface / Tabs
Set the number of tabs down to one and see if that helps
Many thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, it doesn't stop XnView of launching the file in the Viewer mode. It seems the "Browser" tab isn't counted as "one".