Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JamesGT

[Resolved] Move Folders

Post by JamesGT »

Never mind, I figured it out. :)
helmut

Re: Move Folders

Post by helmut »

JamesGT wrote:Never mind, I figured it out. :)
I guess you figured out that currently moving folders is not possible in XnView. You can move or copy images, only.

There's a workaround suggested by Olivier, see topic "Move or copy to new folder".
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:
I guess you figured out that currently moving folders is not possible in XnView. You can move or copy images, only.
But it IS possible! Copy/move with drag&drop, context menu and Ctrl+X/C/V shortcuts (from v1.80 I think). :?
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:
helmut wrote:
But it IS possible! Copy/move with drag&drop, context menu and Ctrl+X/C/V shortcuts (from v1.80 I think). :?
Oops, right: You can move folders from file list to anywhere in the folder tree by dragging & dropping.

But: You cannot move folders in the folder tree, only. (In my file list folders are excluded and thus not shown, this is why I cannot move them.)

Perhaps a good addition to support folder operations in folder tree.
JamesGT

Post by JamesGT »

I can move any folder anywhere. I just drag and drop it from the right side to the left side of the window.

My problem was XNVIEW wasn't showing me the folders in the image window on the right. I had to activate that option for Thumbnail view and now it works great!