Remember last used script

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vitar

Remember last used script

Post by vitar »

Dear Pierre,

Would it be possible that the last used script is remembered in the convert dialogue window? The work would go much faster if there's no need to load the same script again and again.

Thank you for the great thing!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Remember last used script

Post by xnview »

vitar wrote:Dear Pierre,

Would it be possible that the last used script is remembered in the convert dialogue window? The work would go much faster if there's no need to load the same script again and again.

Thank you for the great thing!
Yes, good improvment...
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

But be careful, if you automatically load last script, user might not see that when he wants just convert images quickly and he could also (e.g.) crop his images by accident. We must find some solution. I already have one (or two) :)

Button with a checkbox [ [x] Advanced Operations ]

or:

Another option: [x] Use the last used script
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:But be careful, if you automatically load last script, user might not see that when he wants just convert images quickly and he could also (e.g.) crop his images by accident. We must find some solution. I already have one (or two) :)

or:

No not loaded, only list of old script
Pierre.
Lesmo16

Post by Lesmo16 »

xnview wrote:No not loaded, only list of old script
Yes, like recent files.
Last used (newest) should have focus (highlighted).
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:But be careful, if you automatically load last script, user might not see that when he wants just convert images quickly and he could also (e.g.) crop his images by accident. We must find some solution. I already have one (or two) :)

or:

OK, but for some users might be useful also this option, when they must apply same script 10 or 20 times... They could press just ctrl+u and enter.
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

the recent list will crash if you select a script that is not longer existing
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:

or:

OK, but for some users might be useful also this option, when they must apply same script 10 or 20 times... They could press just ctrl+u and enter.
No and no. The window already remembers everything else. According to your logic everything in there is already dangerous and might cause the user to overwrite something. Second IMHO there is really no need for an option or additonal action. The last used script should just be remembered like everything else (and I requested this already in a different thread).

This program will become unsuable (partly it is already) for newcomers due to too many unneccesary and obsolete options and settings...