Drawing Lines & Arrows

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Drawing Lines & Arrows

Post by Guest »

<Moderator's note: This topic has been moved>

I just started using XnView after many years with ACDSee. One feature I miss is the ability to draw lines and shapes. Have I missed that feature or is it not available? Thanks.
jor
ckv

Post by ckv »

You mean like in mspaint? No XnView don't have such feature. But you can make a requests for it. I think it's allready requested so it's good to search appropriate topic first.
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ckv wrote:You mean like in mspaint? No XnView don't have such feature. But you can make a requests for it. I think it's allready requested so it's good to search appropriate topic first.
It's already in my TODO list :-)
Pierre.
helmut

Re: Drawing Lines & Arrows

Post by helmut »

Anonymous wrote:I just started using XnView after many years with ACDSee. One feature I miss is the ability to draw lines and shapes. Have I missed that feature or is it not available? Thanks.
jor
I think rather than making XnView more universal it should focus on viewing images and do this "job" as good as possible.

From my point of view it's essential and very important that XnView remains a slim platform for quickly viewing, browsing and basic editing (photo correction). There's graphic programs like PhotoFiltre which offer good graphic editing functionality.
Clo
XnThusiast

Minimal---

Post by Clo »

• Hi !

¤ IMHO, just minimal retouch features are not too much… It's very annoying to open another soft just to remove an inopportune cursor on a screen shot, for example…
- Whether I have not any BMP-source file, I'm bound to use UniView to fix up such minor issues…

- Indeed, full painting functions are not needed, this is out the original design of the programme, but just retouchs would be nice !

:mrgreen: G
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Minimal---

Post by Dreamer »

Clo wrote:¤ IMHO, just minimal retouch features are not too much… It's very annoying to open another soft just to remove...

- Indeed, full painting functions are not needed, this is out the original design of the programme, but just retouchs would be nice !
I agree, such basic features would be useful, we have already "add text" for example, but nothing more.
Stitscher

Re: Minimal---

Post by Stitscher »

Dreamer wrote:
Clo wrote:¤ IMHO, just minimal retouch features are not too much… It's very annoying to open another soft just to remove...

I agree, such basic features would be useful, we have already "add text" for example, but nothing more.
I agree, too! This feature would be very nice. Support! ++ :)
klumy

Post by klumy »

you have my vote
XNView 1.91.5
Windows XP SP3

Post by Guest »

I'm glad to see some agreement on this. I'm not looking for a full blown paint program, just the ability to put lines and arrows. I use digital photos a lot to discuss projects and find the ability to highlight or point to part of an image very useful. Thanks.
jor
VuDu

Post by VuDu »

muahah in one year wi'll chew both ACDSee and Photoshop like software MUAHAH :D
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
Stitscher

Post by Stitscher »

xnview wrote:
ckv wrote:You mean like in mspaint? No XnView don't have such feature. But you can make a requests for it. I think it's allready requested so it's good to search appropriate topic first.
Hallo!
Could you explain what "It's already in my TODO list" means? 8)
Is it on the bottom of your list? :mrgreen: ;)
Will it come with XNview 2.0 or a little bit earlier?
Sorry, for asking. :P 8)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Stitscher wrote:
xnview wrote:
Hallo!
Don't yet, there is many things before that to do :-)
Pierre.
Stitscher

Post by Stitscher »

xnview wrote:
Stitscher wrote:
xnview wrote: It's already in my TODO list :-)
Hallo!
Don't yet, there is many things before that to do :-)
Damn! :( :x
But I'll wait! :D ;)
Thx, for your quick reply. :-)
mrwul

Re: Drawing Lines & Arrows

Post by mrwul »

Hello
Yes, it would be very nice to have an editor included that allows resizable colored, with/without outline, straight, freehand or bended arrows
and similar text balloons (resizable, colored,etc)

Also, (free) select a part of one image and copy/paste or drag to another image as a an object (so it can be resized etc)
Then after it's done, "glue" or "burn" the object into the other photo to make it "one".

Things like that.

Will there be such things soon?
=

p.s.: later.. Filter-Paint offers a bit of the features above, commentbox and arrow, but personally I think the options are
a bit 'limited' so to say (with all due respect!)
MrRik

Arrows, text-balloons and numbering icons

Post by MrRik »

I'm missing very much the ability to add easily arrows, text-balloons and numbering icons/symbols (1,2,3,...).
Now I have to manage this via the image/add text (shift+T) feature, using the symbol fonts Wingdings/Wingdings2/Windings3, available on most Windows computers, and allow to add symbols/icons like arrows, numbering and much more.
But not on a user-friendly way, you have to find the related keys...

Most of the time I use the Screenpresso drawing tools, so I'm able to to add - on the fly - arrows, numbering icons, text balloons, etc....
However, Screenpresso is only a screencapture tool, it can not replace Xnview.

Below 2 examples of the Screenpresso drawing tools ability's:

I hope this is the right place to make this suggestion (“this topic is moved”?)

If you add this feature, I will certainly donate, because I already like XnView!!

Regards,
MrRik
Belgium