Office 2003 look

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Would you like a new Office 2003 look in XnView?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 13

Kahless

Office 2003 look

Post by Kahless »

Hi all!

I've got a suggestion, as you might have noticed, it's the XnView GUI/look. IMHO the look of the program is little outdated, some might say old school look, and after all you have skins... :) What else do you need?

I've been seeing a lot of programs latelly with updated looks, Office 2003, so to say, and yes I like them... So wouldn't be great to have a fancy new look, like ACDsee has...

As of skins, you could leave them, they should fit very nicely...

Keep up the good work Pierre. I really like your work.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Office 2003 look

Post by xnview »

Kahless wrote:Hi all!

I've got a suggestion, as you might have noticed, it's the XnView GUI/look. IMHO the look of the program is little outdated, some might say old school look, and after all you have skins... :) What else do you need?

I've been seeing a lot of programs latelly with updated looks, Office 2003, so to say, and yes I like them... So wouldn't be great to have a fancy new look, like ACDsee has...

Currently i can't use Office 2003 Style (MFC), but i can perhaps add skin like deluxe version. Some users interested by Deluxe skin in XnView?
Pierre.
helmut

Re: Office 2003 look

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
Kahless wrote:Hi all!

Currently i can't use Office 2003 Style (MFC), but i can perhaps add skin like deluxe version. Some users interested by Deluxe skin in XnView?
For all I know there were some problems with the skins in XnView DeLuxe. I'd rather have a stable and working XnView than a good looking one.
klumy

Post by klumy »

as long as each user can decide which look he want to use. the suggestion is OK to me :P
XNView 1.91.5
Windows XP SP3
ckv

Post by ckv »

Well... I admit Office 2003 would make XnView better looking, but... It's only eye candy, useless bloat. I voted no.
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

I voted no, we have more important issues to address.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
VuDu

Post by VuDu »

I also voted no, but why is "we have more important issues to address" a reason to vote no?
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur