b1: Browser to fullscreen stopped working.

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

marsh
XnThusiast

b1: Browser to fullscreen stopped working.

Post by marsh »

'Browser> Fullscreen > Viewer ' mode stopped working for me. It went from Browser <> Viewer instead. I was using details view and was changing my settings back from looking at problem below.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4127

Update #1
After starting over with properly configured 'ini', 'Browser > fullscreen > viewer' completely stopped working for me. <enter> did nothing at all.
This seemed to occur after I pasted information into the 'Show Information' boxes.

Here is the text I pasted (which had 2 empty lines at the end also).

<File Index> <Filename With Ext> <Width>x<Height> <Size KB> <Zoom>
<Comment>
<User Comment>
<Image Description>
<IPTC:Caption>

Update #2 All problems here are cured by using F9 to cycle through different views and back to details view again.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: b1: Browser to fullscreen stopped working.

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:'Browser> Fullscreen > Viewer ' mode stopped working for me. It went from Browser <> Viewer instead. I was using details view and was changing my settings back from looking at problem below.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4127

Update #1
After starting over with properly configured 'ini', 'Browser > fullscreen > viewer' completely stopped working for me. <enter> did nothing at all.
This seemed to occur after I pasted information into the 'Show Information' boxes.

Here is the text I pasted (which had 2 empty lines at the end also).

<File Index> <Filename With Ext> <Width>x<Height> <Size KB> <Zoom>
<Comment>
<User Comment>
<Image Description>
<IPTC:Caption>

Update #2 All problems here are cured by using F9 to cycle through different views and back to details view again.
Sorry i don't understand your problem, for me 'Browser> Fullscreen > Viewer ' works for example with double-click...
Pierre.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

xnview wrote: Sorry i don't understand your problem, for me 'Browser> Fullscreen > Viewer ' works for example with double-click...
Not using 'scan headers' causes strange problems. Open Action>'all other files' also causes strange problems.

Problem #1:
Changing 'scan headers' from always to never causes browser >fullscreen> viewer to not work. Restarting program may be needed to see this. 'Open Actions' at default settings. (Open Action>'All other files'=Open with associated program).

Problem #1A Browser's fullscreen navigation is disabled by not using 'scan headers'.

Problem #2 Related to problem #1.
Open Action>'All other files'=No Action and Scan headers=never, then <enter> key will not display image at all in viewer. Mouse click will not launch viewer either.

Odd behaviour #3
Changing Open action>All other files>'Open with Xnview' cures Problem #1.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

I cannot confirm.

What I did:

Some JPEG images to test.
Deleted INI, run XnView, changed Scan headers to Never, restarted XnView. Now Enter displays image in fullscreen, double click in windowed mode. OK.
In fullscreen I can navigate among images with PgUp/PgDown. OK.
Changer Action>'All other files' to No Action (Scan headers is already Never). Restarted XnView.
Enter and double click work as before. OK.

X.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Xyzzy wrote:I cannot confirm.
Probably because you use thumbnails (that scans files). I use details view.
It is basically unchanged from beta1.
1. Fullscreen preview requires scan headers to work.
2. Browser>fullscreen>viewer does not work properly without scan headers (it acts like browser <> viewer without scan headers on).
3. If you change open action> all other files to "open with Xnview", then Browser>fullscreen>viewer will function as expected when scan headers are off.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

Could you post your ini that makes the problem please.

AFAIK both Thumbnails and Details mode are cotrolled by only by 'Recognize only by extension'. For Icons/List there is 'Scan file headers in folders'.

X.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Xyzzy wrote:Could you post your ini that makes the problem please.

AFAIK both Thumbnails and Details mode are cotrolled by only by 'Recognize only by extension'. For Icons/List there is 'Scan file headers in folders'.

X.
Mostly fixed. Please close. I will follow this up with new thread which is much easier to read.