.ini location

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

.ini location

Post by Guest »

2. the .ini is not saved in my xnview-folder, but in the windows-folder. not very good for backupping.
Clo wrote:2. Options >> Install remove the nick for this location; with not any stated location, the INI is saved in the folder of the programme, that I do for years.
worked for me also, but not right here? btw Im using the b2.
Clo
XnThusiast

Separate---

Post by Clo »

8)

• Same in the ß-2, I get the INI in the ß-2 folder (it's installed in a separate folder @ home!)

- If you have kept the same dir than the regular current version, just rename the INI, be sure the box for the Windows location is not ticked in Install, and remake the settings…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: .ini location

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:2. the .ini is not saved in my xnview-folder, but in the windows-folder. not very good for backupping.
Clo wrote:2. Options >> Install remove the nick for this location; with not any stated location, the INI is saved in the folder of the programme, that I do for years.
With beta 2, the ini is saved in windwos folder????
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

yes
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:2. the .ini is not saved in my xnview-folder, but in the windows-folder. not very good for backupping.
No.

Post by Guest »

have deinstalled 1.80.3. unpacked b2. checked "use windows folder to save ini". looked in xnview-folder -> NO. looked in windows-folder -> xnview.ini. simple as that. looking through the registry i couldnt find a predefined .ini-path.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

So Close. Non-issue.

'Use Windows folder to save ini' is supposed to put ini in Windows folder...

X.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Xyzzy wrote:'Use Windows folder to save ini' is supposed to put ini in Windows folder...
I also think that this one can be closed.

@guest: Do you agree?

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote:
hm, i thought this was the programmer?
but when even he doesn´t know ;).

if it´s supposed to do it, i am strongly for a change of this!
it is nonsense in my opinion.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

Regarding that Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: have deinstalled 1.80.3. unpacked b2. checked "use windows folder to save ini". looked in xnview-folder -> NO. looked in windows-folder -> xnview.ini. simple as that.
I consider this misunderstanding. Closed.

X.