3 little suggestions

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kris

3 little suggestions

Post by kris »

1. a clear cache feature that recognizes which pictures are still available and deletes the thumbnails of the pix that are no longer on the drive. i am also not sure if resized thumbnails overwrite the old thumbs.
2. adding an option to keep the toolbar in the view mode, but hide it in the browser mode. nice would also be, if you could move the toolbar besides the menu, so there is more space for the picture.
3. adding a ".." for the parent directory at the and of the thumbnail list in browser view. or a double click in the free area jumps to the parent dir.

thanx for the prog! we need more solutions for the powerful one-dir-app not spreading all over the place.

thanx also for the removing of the jump to the beginning of a thumbnail-list after thumbnailingprocess has finished (1.82beta).
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 3 little suggestions

Post by xnview »

kris wrote:1. a clear cache feature that recognizes which pictures are still available and deletes the thumbnails of the pix that are no longer on the drive. i am also not sure if resized thumbnails overwrite the old thumbs.
But you have optimize in cache setting??
2. adding an option to keep the toolbar in the view mode, but hide it in the browser mode. nice would also be, if you could move the toolbar besides the menu, so there is more space for the picture.
Ok
3. adding a ".." for the parent directory at the and of the thumbnail list in browser view
Sorry i don't understand...
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: 3 little suggestions

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
kris wrote:1. a clear cache feature that recognizes which pictures are still available and deletes the thumbnails of the pix that are no longer on the drive. i am also not sure if resized thumbnails overwrite the old thumbs.
But you have optimize in cache setting??
Ok
3. adding a ".." for the parent directory at the and of the thumbnail list in browser view
Sorry i don't understand...
2. I have another (better?) idea - merge "title bar" and "menu", same as "Compact Style" mode in Avant Browser, these 2 items have similar or same heigth, so more space would be saved and more toolbar buttons could be used. But this is a big feature, if anyone like this idea (or original), please start a new topic.

3. I think it should be "at the end of the thumbnail list".

Post by Guest »

1.ah ok, optimize does it.
2.moving the bars freely like in windows explorer would do it also of course ;)
3. erm, yes @the END of the thumbnail list a klick ".." to acces the parent folder so you dont have to scroll the whole way up again or need to klick at a menu button. within the lister.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:3. erm, yes @the END of the thumbnail list a klick ".." to acces the parent folder so you dont have to scroll the whole way up again or need to klick at a menu button. within the lister.
Oh ok
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Anonymous wrote:2.moving the bars freely like in windows explorer would do it also of course ;)
2. No, you can't do what I suggest in explorer, I mean "merge "title bar" and "menu"", "title bar" is the first line with the buttons [minimize] [maximize] and [close].
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

Dreamer wrote:I mean "merge "title bar" and "menu"
I had a different idea, there:
- merge "title bar" and "status bar"
- merge "menu" and "folder tabs"

Olivier
(maybe it would even be possible to merge Title+Menu+Tabs+Status on a same line with an Apple 30" Display... :mrgreen:)
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

supporting!
loth

Post by loth »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:3. erm, yes @the END of the thumbnail list a klick ".." to acces the parent folder so you dont have to scroll the whole way up again or need to klick at a menu button. within the lister.
Oh ok
i like this, and support it.
loth