Overwite files.. which parameter?

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Overwite files.. which parameter?

Post by Guest »

i want to overrite onto my pcx images while converting them into jpeg.. i could not do it.. please help with the parameters
cruel_x

Post by cruel_x »

C:\ nconvert -help
it moves too fast i cant see the parameters..!!
helmut

Post by helmut »

cruel_x wrote:C:\Program Files\nconvert -help
it moves too fast i cant see the parameters..!!
Try: C:\Program Files\nconvert -help | more
This will redirect the output to "more" which will show the output page wise. You can also redirect output to a file (e. g. "C:\nconvert -help > nconvert.txt") and then open the help in any text editor.
cruel_x wrote:i want to overrite onto my pcx images while converting them into jpeg.. i could not do it...
NConvert overwrites existing files by default. Therefore there is no special parameter to force NConvert overwriting files available. I'm not quite clear what you want to achieve: Convert PCX to JPG and then delete the PCX?

Changing the default to non-overwrite and adding such a parameter might be a good idea. This might keep novice users from hazardly overwriting their files.

i will try

Post by Guest »

thanks i found the parameter.. -D..
which helps me to convert pxc files to jpeg and deletes them after converting...
it helps converting pcx image sequences to jpeg using it in a small harddisk space..
i will also try "more" option to see all parameters page by page
(not as fast as a thunder..!!)
thanks helmut..
:)
helmut

Re: i will try

Post by helmut »

Good to read that you get the results you want.
Guest wrote:... i will also try "more" option to see all parameters page by page...
A note on "more":
"more" is not an option of XnView, but a DOS program which simply outputs the input it gets page by page. By using the character "|" the output of any DOS program (here: nconvert) can be piped (=directed) to another program (here: more).
For example, you could enter a command "type C:\config.sys | more" and output the contents of the file config.sys pagewise.

Post by Guest »

8) how save the another path using Nconverter

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:8) how save the another path using Nconverter
please quick
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:8) how save the another path using Nconverter
please quick
nconvert -out png -o c:/temp/% file.jpg