Hotkey to toggle scroll bars on/off in fullscreen mode...

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

TsunamiZ

Hotkey to toggle scroll bars on/off in fullscreen mode...

Post by TsunamiZ »

Please add a hotkey to toggle scroll bars on/off in fullscreen mode. Scroll bars are useful for scrolling / navigating large image files that don't fit on screen [and you need to be zoomed in on certain images]. Scroll bars enable users to scroll the image at any speed. Thanks.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Hotkey to toggle scroll bars on/off in fullscreen mode..

Post by Dreamer »

TsunamiZ wrote:Please add a hotkey to toggle scroll bars on/off in fullscreen mode. Scroll bars are useful for scrolling / navigating large image files that don't fit on screen [and you need to be zoomed in on certain images]. Scroll bars enable users to scroll the image at any speed. Thanks.
I'm not sure if it would be really useful. You can use also mouse button to move large images.

More useful would be an option "Skip X pixels when moving" IMO. And default option should be at least 2 times larger (e.g. 20 instead of 10).

Or even auto-hide scroll bars?
TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ »

Scroll bars are necessary for indicating the position of the image on-screen and allowing users to dynamically / immediately scroll to desired locations. So it would be handy to have a hotkey that can toggle their presence in fullscreen mode.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

What about my suggestion?
Or even auto-hide scroll bars?
TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ »

Best to have a toggle button, so users can still scroll images without the scroll bars showing up automatically.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

OK, so what do you suggest? Please first read this topic (also notes below).
TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ »

What hotkey I would suggest this use? One of the unused F keys would be best, for quick and frequent switching. :idea:
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

TsunamiZ wrote:What hotkey I would suggest this use? One of the unused F keys would be best, for quick and frequent switching. :idea:
I don't think it's so important option, in fullscreen (and viewer) also single characters can be used (e.g. F - fullscreen) so any character except r t s a d c i m f can be used, I suggest B, do you agree? It could work in fullscreen and view mode IMO.
TsunamiZ

Post by TsunamiZ »

B = for bars. Yeah good choice. :D
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

TsunamiZ wrote:B = for bars. Yeah good choice. :D
OK, added to Hotkeys / Shortcuts Request List.