Always fullscreen without border in viewer

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ManiaXX

Always fullscreen without border in viewer

Post by ManiaXX »

I'm trying to set up xnview to always have black fullscreen with picture at the viewer.

Enabling 'Options/General/Startup/Start View in Fullscreen' does work (at least most of the time, sometimes buggy) once i double-click a picture in windows explorer but after going to xnview explorer and back to viewer via double-click there's a window with border. Workaround is to manually click 'fullscreen' via context menu or pressing F11.

I tried tweaking everything that could help to avoid the window but i don't have success so far.

Any solution for this?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Always fullscreen without border in viewer

Post by xnview »

ManiaXX wrote:I'm trying to set up xnview to always have black fullscreen with picture at the viewer.

Enabling 'Options/General/Startup/Start View in Fullscreen' does work (at least most of the time, sometimes buggy) once i double-click a picture in windows explorer but after going to xnview explorer and back to viewer via double-click there's a window with border. Workaround is to manually click 'fullscreen' via context menu or pressing F11.

I tried tweaking everything that could help to avoid the window but i don't have success so far.

Any solution for this?
Could you post a screenshot?
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I'll use german for this one. Tell'em if it solved your prob.

Du musst wohl in den Optionen unter Allgemein -> Moduswechsel für den Doppelklick Betrachter <> Vollbild einstellen.
ManiaXX

Post by ManiaXX »

Its very strange... best setting would be 'browser<>Fullscreen' but that doesn't exist. When i launch a picture 'fullscreen' appears but in "window style" (with border, 'close' and 'minimize' button). Sometimes its full black but when going to next picture (pgup, pgdn keys) the (invisible) window border stays static (black) and doesn't get updated. For example on a 1280x1024 screen only 1270x1014 gets updated.

Maybe these pics help a little...
ImageImage
watch the border... has grey and corrupt pixels. No window should be visible at any time.
Danny

Post by Danny »

That's strange and shouldn't happen. Are you using a custom windows shell or something?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Strange... What OS?
ManiaXX wrote:best setting would be 'browser<>Fullscreen' but that doesn't exist.
Where it doesn't exist? Try all settings in options > General > Switching modes.
Dreamer
ManiaXX

Post by ManiaXX »

I currently use 'browser<>fullscreen|viewer<>fullscreen' but once in fullscreen i can't get back to browser with double-click. It always goes to 'viewer' then. That's why i said 'browser<>fullscreen' would be my first choice if available...

The other problem with the border... i don't know why it occurs. I have 'classic style' activated and 'designs' service deactivated. System is XP-SP2 with all further updates, DX90c and Ati Catalyst 6.2.

Maybe some "temporal behaviour" may help you. :|
Video: xnview borderbug (600kb, rar, xvid, mp3)
Danny

Post by Danny »

ManiaXX wrote:... and 'designs' service deactivated.
That may be the problem. Try reenabling that just to make sure.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

ManiaXX wrote:I currently use 'browser<>fullscreen|viewer<>fullscreen' but once in fullscreen i can't get back to browser with double-click. It always goes to 'viewer' then. That's why i said 'browser<>fullscreen' would be my first choice if available...
You can set MMB to switch between browser and viewer and then you can use MMB to switch from fullscreen (first time only) to browser and then just LMB double click (or Enter) to switch from browser to fullscreen and back...
ManiaXX

Post by ManiaXX »

I don't have a middle mouse button. I want to switch between 'fullscreen<>browser' with double-click. No intermediate viewer state necessary.

Post by Guest »

I would like to vote for a "fullscreen<>browser" switching mode too.
Can you add that in a future release, please?

I just want to open a pic out of the windows explorer in fullscreen mode, double-click -> switch to browser, choose another pic in the folder, double-click -> view it in full screen, double-click -> back to browser, and so on... ^^

I tried alot with XnView, but i couldnt manage to get such a setting.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:I would like to vote for a "fullscreen<>browser" switching mode too.
Can you add that in a future release, please?

I just want to open a pic out of the windows explorer in fullscreen mode, double-click -> switch to browser, choose another pic in the folder, double-click -> view it in full screen, double-click -> back to browser, and so on... ^^

I tried alot with XnView, but i couldnt manage to get such a setting.
Yes, i'll make such mode
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I would like to vote for a "fullscreen<>browser" switching mode too.

>>Yes, i'll make such mode
GREAT!!! It will be VERY comfortable and useful also for me. Thanks!
AnotherGuest

Post by AnotherGuest »

One more vote for a "BROWSER <> FULLSCREEN" option. It's the only thing I'm really missing. Preferably I'd like an option to do away with the windowed viewer mode altogther, I can't see myself ever using it :)

Anyways. First post here. BRILLIANT program, I'm so glad I found it now my old viewer of choice (ACDSee) finally got so bloated and annoying that I gave up on it.
kssxs

Post by kssxs »

LOL @ the last poster. I'm in EXACTLY the same situation. ACDSee had the feature we're all looking for, where it went from Windows Explorer to fullscreen, and if you hit ESC, it exited. BUT, if you hit ENTER, it went into Browser mode in the folder where the picture you initially opened up was located (also, if you hit the MMB on a picture in full screen, it went into a Viewer-type mode that had a window size the same as the image, and hitting MMB again would take it back to full screen).

I'd like the ability to disable the Viewer mode as well, or at least enhance it to act like ACDSee's, where a MMB click would take the image from full screen to image-size-window and back again with another MMB click.

While the idea of Tabs is great, it would be nice to make the Viewer behave in either one way or the other (for those that like the Viewer the way it is now).

I finally got off of ACDSee... when it was version 2.x, it was great, but since then it's been bloatware and slow.

XnView is an AWESOME replacement, and I won't go to any other software now!
kssxs