Hotkeys / Shortcuts Requests

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Danny wrote:Here's one of mine:

The possibility to use the middle mouse button to close a tab by clicking on the picture and not the just tab itself.
It's reserved for "Switching modes", you can use RMB and Close, or Ctrl+W.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Dreamer wrote:It's reserved for "Switching modes"...
That was my point. To add it to that list.

Post by Guest »

i need a shortcut for autolevels and autocontrast. does it exist?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

i suggest this:

- automatic level - :arrow: Ctrl + Alt + L
- automatic contrast - :arrow: Ctrl + Alt + C
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

sad to see that they did not implement those hotkeys in the 1.82 beta1...

i've already said that, hotkeys fo automatic level and contrast would be one of the best additions to XnView.

if they don't wanna use the Ctrl + Alt thing, they could use Ctrl + Shift + C/L or anything else...

i don't care which hotkey they wanna choose, i need an HITKEY for those important functions
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Tommy wrote:sad to see that they did not implement those hotkeys in the 1.82 beta1...

i've already said that, hotkeys fo automatic level and contrast would be one of the best additions to XnView.

if they don't wanna use the Ctrl + Alt thing, they could use Ctrl + Shift + C/L or anything else...

i don't care which hotkey they wanna choose, i need an HITKEY for those important functions
Please be patient, I wait for some shortcuts much longer (check the list / first post of this topic, most of suggestions are from me ;) ). Anyway, shortcuts are implementing, 27 shortcuts have been implemented already, just from this list in less than one year.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

ok i'll be patient...
my disappointment was due to the fact that i consider implementing new shortcuts a very easy upgrade for this software.
i think the programming team could do it very easily
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

please: create a shortcut for Automatic Gamma and Anutomatic Constrast.

i really need it!!! :(
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

i think the programming team could do it very easily
There is no "programming team", there is just single author - Pierre!

BTW - If you want, you can try new beta (unstable!), there is auto contrast and auto levels in Batch Convert dialog, so you can apply it to all images at once. And - always backup your original images first!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

i know the new batch mode but i'd prefer to have shortcuts so i can easily decide which picture i wanna edit and which not
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

:P I LOVE THE AUTHORS !!! :P

my request for Auto Levels and Auto Contrast shortcuts has been pleases in versione 1.82 RC1

the new hotkeys are:
:arrow: Auto levels :arrow: Ctrl + Alt + L
:arrow: Auto Contrast :arrow: Ctrl + Alt + C

thabk you very much, i'have waited them for so long!!!
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

Instead of requesting shotcuts, maybe some flexible solution:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4777

X.
brad

Post by brad »

One of the things I find really useful in ACDSee 7 is the ability to Ctrl-Mouseover a thumbnail and have the image appear in the preview pane, then go back to the original preview when the Ctrl-key is released. It's really useful when you're selecting a few of a series of images and there's not quite enough detail in the thumbnails. Is there any chance of implementing such a feature (or is it already implemented and I'm just too dense to find it?)
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

brad wrote: ability to Ctrl-Mouseover a thumbnail and have the image appear in the preview pane
Wow! That would be absolutely awesome!

Support++++!
John
MrBooth

Post by MrBooth »

My number one request for a keyboard shortcut would be for de-interlace, but the ideal solution would be to allow all keyboard shortcuts to be customised (there are some I'd like to be on a single key because I use them a lot), and all functions to have the possibility of a shortcut :-)