Rating: Symbols

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Maiger wrote:Image
I like these icons :-D
Pierre.
Clo
XnThusiast

And another topic…

Post by Clo »

—> Troken

:) Hello !
…On the other hand, if you only pick up the colours 1-5, from that scale, they are not far from the other alternatives discussed here (brown, red, orange, yellow, green). Was it perhaps this you meant?…
• Yes, it's that I meant. It could be something like this   Image  with "zero" at left. Can be split into 16² icons…

• In fact, the French thread is about another topic where the classic colour-code could be useful (and which needs a complete code from "0" up to "9", plus some neutral colour(s) for separators when the same colour is needed several times).
• The subject is a proposal : A specialized tool-bar to open the options pages¦paragraphs directly.
- The start-message shows such a bar in Total Commander with 24² (home-made) icons. It's the bar #3 of five…
- It can't be done in XnView yet, at least like I showed; this needs an improved design of the tool-bar.
- Also command-numbers available to configure such a bar.
- The trick is that I draw the special icons with these numbers as code to save room on the icons ;)
- Only choosing the icon, you get the command, it's fast and convenient.
- I don't despair to get something like this l a t e r…… :P … while I've this in Total Commander for years already ! :D

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
nightflyer

Post by nightflyer »

Have you considered my idea here?
-=nightflyer=-
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

nightflyer wrote:Have you considered my idea here?
But we can use
and colour labeling too...
In Idimager rating icons use color too
Pierre.
nightflyer

Post by nightflyer »

I did not mean to remove colors form Ratings, just bring Labels (colors) into attention.
-=nightflyer=-
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

marsh wrote:The idea below is to round the interactive icons to distinguish them from picture icons. The ratings icon grows in size (to oblong/pill-shaped) with higher numbers. The checkmark has been replaced with dot just to be different.
I like those ideas, although I would prefer a fixed width icon with increasing filling, a bit like what Gerhard did here (I also like his color explanation).
Olivier
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Olivier_G wrote:I like those ideas, although I would prefer a fixed width icon with increasing filling, a bit like what Gerhard did here (I also like his color explanation).
It's clear, but not very nice and too wide. If we'd choose wide icons, than rahter stars - 1 - 5 stars, it would looks better and it will be clear for everyone.

E.g.:

Of course it should be smaller.
Dreamer
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

xnview wrote:
Maiger wrote:Image
I like these icons :-D
I thought we agreed - more or less - on those colours.

In Beta 5, we have:
I don't like it too much, because Purple gets back to a warmer feeling and Green(=Go) opposed to Red(=No Go) is quite widespread.

More opinions?
Olivier