Crystal Clear Skin

Plug-ins, add-ons, skins, icons, templates and other downloads. Contributions are welcome.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Post by helmut »

I'd like to see something happening regarding this skin. First of all I'd like to make the current draft of the skin available to more people.

So again:
@ckit: Could you please send me the skin or a link to download it? I'll put it on the download server, then.

Additionally I've contacted Simon, the designer of the skin by placing a post in the Crystal Clear XP forum.
Simon Le Bon

Crystal Clear Skin

Post by Simon Le Bon »

Hi to all. Sorry for my english.

For now you must have the original Crystal Clear version (the one without password) and must check the bugs on it. (Thanks to ckit)

For the second version, (with some improvements) the password was erase in the Crystal Clear forum, but I was unable to know that until now. BTW the password now is there.

Probably you found boring all that CC thing, but I guess this Everaldo icons are the best for your tool.

So, if you need more of this skin for future versions, we can talk. But don't erase my posts here, like the last time.

Greetings.
Simon Le Bon

Post by Simon Le Bon »

Now I'm one of you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BTW Do you ask to Everaldo to put his icons in the Download Server? I don't have any trouble to get some of my work to you, but Everaldo always ask for a letter first.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

helmut wrote:Additionally I've contacted Simon, the designer of the skin by placing a post in the Crystal Clear XP forum.
Congratulations, helmut! Your persistance has finally paid off! ;-)
Simon Le Bon wrote:Now I'm one of you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
¡Bienvenido, slebon!

I like the skin a lot. The transparency of main.bmp & browser.bmp needs to be fixed, though.
ckv ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=36584#36584]Default skin...[/url]) wrote:And it looks good only in XP or newer (32bit version). The 24bit version is just copy of the 32bit version without transparency.
Could you please make a 24-bit version without alpha blending (anti-aliased edges & drop shadow effect), but with a R255/G0/B255 (= #ff00ff = fuchsia = magenta) colored background?
  • cheeaunblog (phoenity.com): Complimentary Phoenity
    The icons I've created for K-meleon are so-called clean, because the anti-aliasing pixels have been removed so that they can blend in any background. Phoenity has never been the default for any browsers, but it has been included in other software such as Maxthon, XNview and GGSearch.
  • Glyph Lab: XP Toolbar Icons - Why 8-bit Alpha?
    This article describes the advantages of using toolbar glyphs and icons with variable transparency ("alpha") in your Windows applications. We have put together a few examples using our toolbar glyphs to illustrate the improvements in image clarity that can be achieved.
Simon Le Bon

Post by Simon Le Bon »

Thanks for the welcome. Humm... I'll need time, because next week I'm going back to the work to someplace without internet...

Then we see. OK?

BTW, do you tihnk that the tech in http://cheeaun.phoenity.com/weblog/2004 ... enity.html could be use for make icons to ResHack :arrow: a program that only uses old Win 95 icons.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Simon Le Bon wrote:Humm... I'll need time, because next week I'm going back to the work to someplace without internet...

Then we see. OK?
Está bien. Remember: Quite a few of us are still on Windows 2000 and we want some of that crystal action, too! ;-)
Simon Le Bon wrote:BTW, do you tihnk that the tech in http://cheeaun.phoenity.com/weblog/2004 ... enity.html could be use for make icons to ResHack :arrow: a program that only uses old Win 95 icons.
Funny you should ask. I was wondering the same thing, because I'd like to replace the toolbar icons of my full version of Paint Shop Pro 9 with those of the X or XI trial version. But I have yet to see if this can be done.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

helmut wrote:I'd like to see something happening regarding this skin. First of all I'd like to make the current draft of the skin available to more people.

So again:
@ckit: Could you please send me the skin or a link to download it? I'll put it on the download server, then.

Additionally I've contacted Simon, the designer of the skin by placing a post in the Crystal Clear XP forum.
Sorry Helmut, I missed this post :(
If you still need the skin I'll dig up your email address.
helmut

Post by helmut »

ckit wrote:
helmut wrote:... @ckit: Could you please send me the skin or a link to download it? I'll put it on the download server, then.
Sorry Helmut, I missed this post :(
If you still need the skin I'll dig up your email address.
No problem. I have it, already.