Import function for WIA incompatible DEVICEs

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Discoverer

Import function for WIA incompatible DEVICEs

Post by Discoverer »

At first please excuse my English. That is a great program! Thank you!

Perhaps you will be able to integrate an import function for WIA incompatible DEVICEs according to the following pattern:

Principle:
- Shift files from folder A to folder B e.g. ones USB AutoConnect (STORAGE class) DEVICE
- Provide here self definable folder hierarchy from EXIF metadata for each file, similarly batch Rename - > name Template >> INSERTs… e.g. C:\%Y\%m%M%Y\%d%m%Y
- rename each file to self definable file names from EXIF meta data, similarly batch Rename - > name Template >> INSERTs…

Many thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Import function for WIA incompatible DEVICEs

Post by xnview »

Discoverer wrote:At first please excuse my English. That is a great program! Thank you!

Perhaps you will be able to integrate an import function for WIA incompatible DEVICEs according to the following pattern:
What do you means by incompatible WIA device??
Pierre.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

I think he means devices that use something other that WIA or TWAIN to connect. If I'm reading his post coorrectly ("- Shift files from folder A to folder B e.g. ones USB AutoConnect (STORAGE class) DEVICE ") he's talking about cameras that connect as an additional drive instead of as a WIA or TWAIN device.

Discoverer-> All you have to do is "Open" the file, just like it were in a folder on a local drive instead of a removeable one.
Discoverer

Post by Discoverer »

Incompatible WIA device means device which are not supported by WIA e.g. in Windows XP or ME. The manufacturer did not provide the WIA-device-driver and will not provide them in the future.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... ;en;293168

I like (and sure many others too) to import fast and quick images and movies from a not supported digitalcamera to HDD. The camera provided a invariant folder structure. And now independently shifts Xnview the images and movies into folders generated by the „date taken“. Now it forms a system of order. I hope to get one's ideas across.

Greetings
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Discoverer wrote:Incompatible WIA device means device which are not supported by WIA e.g. in Windows XP or ME. The manufacturer did not provide the WIA-device-driver and will not provide them in the future.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... ;en;293168

I like (and sure many others too) to import fast and quick images and movies from a not supported digitalcamera to HDD. The camera provided a invariant folder structure. And now independently shifts Xnview the images and movies into folders generated by the „date taken“. Now it forms a system of order. I hope to get one's ideas across.

Greetings
These camera are mount as a drive, right? like key?
Pierre.
Discoverer

Post by Discoverer »

Right, so it is.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Discoverer wrote:
Right, so it is.
Ok, i have an old Media detector used by old XnView Deluxe, so i must update it and 'll release it
Pierre.
Discoverer

Post by Discoverer »

xnview wrote:Ok, i have an old Media detector used by old XnView Deluxe, so i must update it and 'll release it
Thank you for the trouble. I am very curious. I will continue to pursue it.

Greetings. A grateful intensive user.