B6: Rotation in browser need manual refresh

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

B.Douille

B6: Rotation in browser need manual refresh

Post by B.Douille »

When selecting 2 or more images in the browser for rotation, the view isn't always refreshed. It occurs each time you select non-consecutive images in the list (say the 3rd + the 5th images).
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Rotation in browser need manual refresh

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote:When selecting 2 or more images in the browser for rotation, the view isn't always refreshed. It occurs each time you select non-consecutive images in the list (say the 3rd + the 5th images).
Strange can't reproduce it....
Pierre.
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

Can't confirm...
Olivier
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

It works good for me also.
B.Douille

Re: Rotation in browser need manual refresh

Post by B.Douille »

xnview wrote:Strange can't reproduce it....
Neither me :? On first occurence I made a printscreen, in case... But as I've seen it 2 or 3 time I though it was permanent.
I'll try again and hope it wasn't a transcient error :(
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I have seen it using RC1. But I cannot reproduce it today. I was using new option: Browser>Thumbnails>Appearance '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded is smaller than thumbnail size'
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

It (may) occur :?
Whatever the image size, a single or multiple images are selected, the fact it has EXIF data or not, an alert to lose some bits or not, right or left turn...
The same image, same Xnview version on a different PC and you can reproduce or 'it may happen'. A graphic card issue ?
More precisely an issue with redrawing the application window: The thumbnail are redrawn by resizing the Xnview window, moving it outside the screen or moving another one over it. Doing this way you can even have a half of the thumbnail redrawn where the rest is unchanged.
So the refresh button is just another way to redraw. Not a cache issue.

Last news: Same with RC2. I changed the video driver of one machine with 2 different verson, including the latest. Not better.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

I checked with 1.84.2 and it's OK. Same with oldest 1.90 Alpha I kept (file date 18th August). Both updates the thumbnail before changing the image in the bottom.
The problem starts with 1.90 Alpha 2? (file date 22nd September). Since then the refresh looks faster.
Note: To reproduce with old versions it's best to use Shift Ctrl L (or R) as there was no direct icons in the toolbar and the toolbox comes in front of the thumbnail.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote:I checked with 1.84.2 and it's OK. Same with oldest 1.90 Alpha I kept (file date 18th August). Both updates the thumbnail before changing the image in the bottom.
The problem starts with 1.90 Alpha 2? (file date 22nd September). Since then the refresh looks faster.
Note: To reproduce with old versions it's best to use Shift Ctrl L (or R) as there was no direct icons in the toolbar and the toolbox comes in front of the thumbnail.
Do you have the same problem with all pictures??? Perhaps you can send me a test file used?
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

marsh wrote:I have seen it using RC1. But I cannot reproduce it today. I was using new option: Browser>Thumbnails>Appearance '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded is smaller than thumbnail size'
Marsh, FYI: I don't see any difference whatever this option is set or not the problem is there.
I also tried to change the options "Use Embedded thumbnail", "Show thumbnail for file shortcut", "Use high quality": No influence
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

B.Douille wrote:
marsh wrote:I have seen it using RC1. But I cannot reproduce it today. I was using new option: Browser>Thumbnails>Appearance '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded is smaller than thumbnail size'
Marsh, FYI: I don't see any difference whatever this option is set or not the problem is there.
I also tried to change the options "Use Embedded thumbnail", "Show thumbnail for file shortcut", "Use high quality": No influence
Do you still have problem with preview disabled? This seems to improve similar problem(s) I notice:
Sometimes an empty progress indicator remains displayed on status bar after image is rotated. This is unusual because it depends on image size (and high quality zoom)!
555x555.png Progress indicator remains.
2592x1944.png Normal (progress bar goes away).
305x5773.png Normal
1600x1200.png = Problem
531x451.png = Normal
1354x1015.png = Problem

Also with these same dimensions, the selected thumbnail is not updated until another is chosen.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

It seems Pierre has found the problem and fixed it :o
Wait RC3
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

B.Douille wrote:It seems Pierre has found the problem and fixed it :o
Wait RC3
It all looks fixed now.