Maximum image size (and new zoom mode)

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

morci

Maximum image size (and new zoom mode)

Post by morci »

Hi,
first of all thanks to Pierre for the very nice program.
Now a question: there is an hard coded size limit for loading full res images in XnView Pocket?
I ask since I'm having no success trying to load the 10MPx images produced by my digital camera.
I've been able to free up to 50MB of memory (that should be enough, 10MPx images should use 30MB of RAM) but I still get a memory error.
And since I'm here, a feature request: the "click and drag" zoom mode (the one used by faststone or by loupe) is very useful for photographers that need to know if a specific part of the image is in correct focus. I'd like to see this option in the desktop version of XnView too (somethink like adding a "zoom 100% and drag image" to the view/mouse options).

Ciao,
Davide.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Maximum image size (and new zoom mode)

Post by xnview »

morci wrote:Hi,
first of all thanks to Pierre for the very nice program.
Now a question: there is an hard coded size limit for loading full res images in XnView Pocket?
I ask since I'm having no success trying to load the 10MPx images produced by my digital camera.
I've been able to free up to 50MB of memory (that should be enough, 10MPx images should use 30MB of RAM) but I still get a memory error.
No, XnView try to use the maximum free memory!
And since I'm here, a feature request: the "click and drag" zoom mode (the one used by faststone or by loupe) is very useful for photographers that need to know if a specific part of the image is in correct focus. I'd like to see this option in the desktop version of XnView too (somethink like adding a "zoom 100% and drag image" to the view/mouse options).
Please post in the xnview section :-)
Pierre.
morci

Post by morci »

xnview wrote:No, XnView try to use the maximum free memory!
So why am I getting the error? Is XnView using more than 3 bytes per pixel to store the image (or uses some temporary structure that eats up memory)?
Also note that I can actually see the image zoomed at 100% with the HTC's "Album" application that comes with my Loox 720 without memory troubles...
xnview wrote:
morci wrote:And since I'm here, a feature request: the "click and drag" zoom mode (the one used by faststone or by loupe) is very useful for photographers that need to know if a specific part of the image is in correct focus. I'd like to see this option in the desktop version of XnView too (somethink like adding a "zoom 100% and drag image" to the view/mouse options).
Please post in the xnview section :-)
I'll do but note that I'd like to see this in XnView Pocket too :wink:

Ciao,
Davide.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

morci wrote:
xnview wrote:No, XnView try to use the maximum free memory!
So why am I getting the error? Is XnView using more than 3 bytes per pixel to store the image (or uses some temporary structure that eats up memory)?
Also note that I can actually see the image zoomed at 100% with the HTC's "Album" application that comes with my Loox 720 without memory troubles...
Strange, which size in pixels for your file? And how much free memory do you have?
Pierre.
morci

Post by morci »

xnview wrote:Strange, which size in pixels for your file? And how much free memory do you have?
The size is 3872x2592 (that's a Nikon D80, I'd like to use XnView when I dont' have a PC at hand mostly to check if the focus is ok in my photos).
I have 50.1MB free before running XnView.

Ciao,
Davide.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

morci wrote:
xnview wrote:Strange, which size in pixels for your file? And how much free memory do you have?
The size is 3872x2592 (that's a Nikon D80, I'd like to use XnView when I dont' have a PC at hand mostly to check if the focus is ok in my photos).
I have 50.1MB free before running XnView.
Strange, i'll check...
Pierre.